Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

02 June 2008

My Flower Girl and Oriole...

My roses are in bloom!! I love how they start so small and just grow into such beautiful flowers...much like my Celeste! I took these this morning, and fell in love with both.

Alex plays for the Orioles this year, so he is the bird that I wish I would see in my yard along with my beautiful roses! (They prefer oranges, by the way!) Friday was his first scrimmage and they lost...BUT, he had 2 terrific plays
- he was playing 3rd base, like his hero Chipper Jones, (he is #10 too), and the kid up to bat hits it directly to 3rd base. Alex scoops it up, and fires it straight to 1st base, our player catches it, and the runner was out! It was awesome, he had to time it just right to get there, because that runner was fast- but he did it and it was sweet!! Seriously, the throw from 3rd to 1st is really far, so he had to zing it, and he did!
- his first time up to bat, on the second pitch, he nails it past second base, to the fence!! It is an automatic double! They won't let him run past second, so he stopped there, and eventually scored, but it was so good!
I really think baseball is going to be his sport! He really loves it and practices all the time. He loves to throw, and has been practicing his swing too- really working on being a swich hitter, too. This is such a fun sport to watch with little kids, and I actually was the Varsity Baseball Stat girl in High School, because I love the game so much (well, my boyfriend at the time played too, so that was I'm sure part of the deal!). Anyway, it was great then too!
He played catcher for the last inning, but he really loves 3rd base the best....it is good to give him opportunities at other positions, who knows where he will do best. I will follow along this season and we will find out!

8 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Awesome pictures! I love the ones with Celeste with the roses. Just beautiful!

Emilee said...

So, yeah, I remember my first word that I ever said, was Flower. I love flowers as well. I used to play baseball, when I was younger.
Em!

everyday katie said...

Cute and cute! You forgot to mention how you watched a zillion kids at the ball game. Thats sounded AWFUL! but I'm sure you managed well.

Moms Are Contagious said...

I love the pictures... GO ALEX for the awesome plays! I have tons of funny stories from when I was younger and played baseball. (I even beat the coaches son out to play first base, I was the only girl)

Fun, Fun, Fun!

The Cochran Family said...

Rose and Celeste, beautiful. I can't wait to go watch Ryan play some organized sport, not sure what that will be. So far soccor, but I want him to try them all so we can see. He saw karate in Speed Racer and now he wants to try that...Hi-YAH! That is so cool that Alex is doing so well, I bet you are a very proud mama!

Suzanne said...

I love the game recap! I agree- baseball is such a fun sport to watch. We've attended lot's of little league games for my nephews. Can't wait for Spencer to start playing:)

Home Management Group said...

I love your roses! I can almost smell them!

Abbey said...

Celeste is a little baby doll. Little girls and flowers just go together. Way to go Alex!! Sounds like he is a natural.