20 June 2008
Incredibly Impressed In IKEA!!
This week I went to visit my great friend, Alicia in her city, where there is now a brand new IKEA store!! I had never been to IKEA before, but soon found that I cannot live without it somewhere close by!! An hour and a half is close by for me, and I am excited to go again!! It was so amazing and so fun, and those of you who have been to one, know exactly what I am talking about! They sell EVERYTHING there for your home- seriously, from beds, to couches, to lamps, to frames, to curtains, to rugs, to accessories, to kitchen utensils, to dishes, to kids stuff, to pillows, to bedding, to desks, to whatever you could possibly need to furnish your home! I was in heaven- literally, I could live there, it was my kind of place! We barely scratched the surface in our 2 hour spree- but here are some things I fell in love with and some cute pics of the kids enjoying themselves! (oh, they have a play place for your kids, it's free, by the way, so Leah and Dylan- Alicia's son- went in, but Celeste didn't meet the height requirement, so she stayed with us, thus the cute photos!)
These couches are only $399.00! Then you get a super chic couch cover for under $50 and viola! This is an amazing deal!
I just love the style of the furnishings, and look forward to moving to a house that I can decorate with some of their things!
Just love these overstuffed chairs and love seats!
Celeste carried this basket through the store, and kept filling it with goodies that she picked up along the way- note: I didn't buy it, and when Alicia took it away when she thought Celeste didn't notice, she cried and cried!! This was happy time with the basket!
Do you just love the fabric?! I love it!
This is the girly room that Morgan wants- I love that they price the entire room out for you with everything in it, so you can see all that you get for the price- this entire room was under $900! Okay, that is a bit much for a little girls' room, but that includes the bed, all the furniture, the rugs, curtains, and every little accessory! Even the flooring!
Okay, this is the red bedding that I absolutely fell in love with! I am not sure why I was so drawn to the red, but I wanted to buy it so badly!! My room is lavender and sage, and cream right now, so the red would be a drastic change, but I am going to hold off until we move, and are able to have real furniture in the room, and will use it then, but I soooo love it now!!
These girls climbed on nearly every bed! Too cute!
Leah loved this fur rug!
I ended up only spending $30! I bought a mesh hanging thingy for the girls' room, for their stuffed animals for $5, some cute plastic bowls for $2, two yummy smelling candles for $2 each, two white frames for $4, swedish fish (couldn't resist!), and this wire hanging basket rod (okay, I can't explain, but I will take a picture once I hang it and repost) for $8! This was by far one of the most fun shopping trips I have had in a long time! It was great to be with Lish and her family too- she is always fun, and shopping with her is literally the best! We had so much fun and we can't wait to go back! Okay, well, I had fun at IKEA, the kids, well, they did too, but I am sure they aren't looking forward to a return nearly as much as me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Trent wants you to know that Alicia is his cousin, what a small world!
I have heard from everyone that they love that store, but I have never been. Knowing me, I would go crazy in there so that might be a good thing!
Ikea is the best. Heaven on earth!
I'm glad you finally got to experience the joy that is IKEA! Can't you just get lost in that place? Everything is great and everything is cheap!
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
I am going to have to go and see what all the fuss is about. Dayton here i come!!!
Very cool- sounds like so much fun. I have never been to IKEA- though I always hear fun things about it. I may actually have a chance to go in a couple months. My twins club is planning a moms day out and chartering a bus to go down there.
Sounds like you had an awesome day! :)
Ikea is great! I haven't been to the one here but when I heard it was coming I felt more at ease knowing an Ikea was going to be close by. It is a very fun store and fun to just browse around. I love the little trinkets you can get for your kitchen or organizing. Glad you had a great time:)
Holy Cow...I was a week behind in reading your blog! Of course I had to backtrack and read ALL of the postings I missed. Good thing Evan is sleeping. I haven't experienced the world of IKEA yet, need to find the closest location.
I've never been there before so I'd love to go sometime.
Post a Comment