Today was the last day of school for Alex and Leah! What an amazing year they have had. I don't know where the time has gone, seriously. I just blinked and a year passed me by! I have seen such growth in my children this year- mainly because they both had tremendous teachers who have loved and nurtured them. This year in Kindergarten, Leah has learned to read and write and is doing fantastic. Her social skills have increased and improved (you do know her mother, right?!) and she has really come a distance. Alex has progressed better than I would've imagined and is reading at a very high level. He has exceeded my expectations and has changed and grown up so much! I am tearing up, it has been just amazing.
To thank their teachers this year, they each made them a gift.
Leah, for Mrs. Deiderich created these note cards...
To thank their teachers this year, they each made them a gift.
Leah, for Mrs. Deiderich created these note cards...
She drew a picture, we scanned it, then scaled it down, printed it off on card stock and used brads to attach it to a note card. Then Leah wrote "A note from..." on it. She even made some for her bus driver- didn't they turn out cute? She was very proud!
Alex's teacher, Mr. Cracraft has been wonderful this year, too. Alex has flourished in his classroom and they have become friends, too. Alex made him a poem with his name and this is it...oh, and Leah baked both their teachers chocolate chip cookies, too.
I have been very happy with the teachers my children have had at their school, and very much look forward to more great teachers next year - but first we have 84 days of summer (as Leah is reminding me!)!
WELCOME TO SUMMER BREAK!!


5 comments:
Yeah for summer break. Today was my last day and I am thrilled to spend 84 days of summer with Evan! Your kids did a great job on the end of year gifts. I'm keeping Leah's idea in the back of my head for future reference. I would love that gift, as a teacher!! Alex was very creative too. Personal gifts like that mean the most. Hope to see you soon!
I didn't realize Alex's teacher was a man. You don't see that often these days. He looks like a great teacher...they both do.
What cute gift ideas! Horray for summer:)
Alex's teacher is definitely NOT horrible looking! :):) What cool ideas for gifts! My creative brain wasn't working so Kenny's teacher just got a hug and a thank you from me. She was awesome though- it was a great year! And you are right- I can't believe it is over already. I am glad it is summer vacation!! Yay! :)
Found the post! :) All I can do is giggle.
Post a Comment