For Family Night last night, the kids and I went to the park for a nature walk.

We have this very beautiful park near our house that has a pond and playground- does it get any better than that?! My kids love it there, so we ventured out- since it seems summer is just around the corner to enjoy an evening in nature.
We started at the pond....and quickly found a baby frog!

Then, as we were looking for more tadpoles that would soon be frogs like this one, we saw this...
Can you see the cute face hiding in the green blades of the pond?
This sweet little racoon is just a baby...
As we stayed a little longer, he came out from the grass to visit us...if only we had food to eat, he would've let us feed him. Celeste kept saying, "oh, he's so cute!" But then he became a "mommy racoon", but she continued to love him anyway!
He was just beneath my feet under the deck by the pond...I haven't ever been this close to one before, and it was great!

So now Celeste wants one for a pet...too bad little one...you will have to settle for our cat!
10 comments:
WOW! Talk about a nature hike. I love that first picture. And I love the little frog-so cute!! Thanks for your words of encouragement!!
Sounds like a great family night!!! Yesterday was such a beautiful day, the rain today was awful!
Those pictures are great! The cat would definitely make a better pet!
Looks like tons of fun. I can't believe the animals you saw and how close they got. Very cool.
So neat. Love the pics
We went to the park for FHE too. The kids & Ryan played while I went for my run. It was great! We were thinking it would be fun to do FHE with another family in the park and cook hamburgers. We should do that!
What an awesome night! Those are always the best nights!
I love the raccoon pictures.... so cute... the YW need to see the pictures to realize Raccoons are not so scary! :)
Those Racoon pictures were amazing. I can't believe you were able to get that close to a real live racoon. Aren't they usually mean and attack people? I thought only squirrels got that close to humans. Maybe you could find a cat for Celeste that looked like a racoon. Just an idea.
You know how you say lets go on a nature hike and you don't see anything...that is soo cool all the stuff you found! That baby racoon is soo cute!
You take the BEST pictures!!!
What a wonderful Family Home Evening Idea!
Post a Comment