Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

10 June 2008

Manic Monday to Turnaround Tuesday

Yesterday was a Manic Monday for me! It began at 7:15am when the alarm sounded for me to arise- it was not a pleasant wake-up for me- I don't usually arise for another hour, so already I am not happy. But, I have things to do, many things, actually, so the day starts....Alex and his friend, Sam are in a baseball camp with the Cincinnati Reds this week, so I have to get them to the park where it is held by 8:45am, dressed, breakfast eaten, sun screened, water bottles filled, and myself and the girls too! Dana has a workshop all week, so he is of no help in this department! So, I get that all done, and start to get Celeste dressed, my last effort before hitting the road. I stand her on the toilet to put her hair up in pretties. As I part her hair, a little brown bug scurries on her head- I immediately start crying!! I cannot handle another battle with lice- I will lose my mind, what very little is left of it! I can feel my stomach get queasy, and I frantically search her head for the bug, with no avail. At risk of being late, I get her hair up and we leave. Driving through morning traffic is not fun, and the park is not exactly where mapquest says it is, so we have to detour a minute or two until we find it. I drop the boys off, in the beginning of a 94 degree day for them to play outside for 3 hours! I take the girls to the outside mall to spend 3 hours instead of driving back home and wasting precious gas- but first we stop at Target where my meltdown officially begins. I call Renee, and tell her and she calms me a bit and tells me to just treat her and she will check her tomorrow (since she was cutting Leah's hair the next day). I finally calm down, and we pick up a few things at Target before heading to the water part of the mall. When we get there, my friend, Suzanne comes with her three, and finally the day has some sun for me- this is what fun they had...

Leah and Spencer pretty much stayed in the fountain the whole time! It was so refreshing!
Celeste, on the other hand stayed away from the fountain nearly the entire time!
They are drying off without their towels- odd!
Is this not the cutest shot- those two tushes are just too cute!
This is as close to the water as Celeste got- a puddle!
They enjoyed splashing around and this was as wet as she got too!
As we were getting ready to go, my friend, Debbie came with her 3 and they got a little soaked with the others!
Even Olivia joined in the fun!

So, it wasn't all manic, at least not all, well, let me proceed...I made it to pick up the boys, who had a fabulous time at baseball camp, and make it home for lunch. Celeste fell asleep on the way home, so I just put her to bed. Nice. When she woke up, and Dana got home, sort of at the same time, they both said they weren't feeling well. Celeste was quite warm, and Dana just went to lay down. Celeste became very clingy and restless and only wanted me to hold her. No problem, I did, but I needed to leave, because Jennifer and I were going shopping for the evening, and Dana was in charge. I manage to pawn her off on Daddy, and Jennifer and I head out. We have an amazing time, well, at least I did. We shopped for a dress for her, and found a perfect fit with one with green and brown, and it is stunning on her! She even took me to the Olive Garden for a date! It was just perfect! That is my ideal girlfriend time: shopping and food! We stayed in my driveway for an hour and a half before I headed in at 9:30.

When I came in, it was crazy! The girls had just gone to bed, and Dana was a wreck! He was flushed from head to toe, and so was Celeste. Apparently, in my absence, the little thing got worse. She kept falling asleep and wouldn't eat and just got hotter and hotter. He didn't take her temperature, since he was so ill himself! I went in to check on them and she was on fire....but so was he! I ended up in the middle of our bed- the middle of the furnace with our fan blowing full blast on us! It was not fun! Finally around 12:30, Dana's fever broke and he drenched the bed! I had him change his shirt, and he finally fell into a good sleep. Celeste, on the other hand took longer, and I woke her at 3:30 to give her Motrin. Her fever finally broke around 4am, and then it was cooling off in the bed. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, and they probably didn't either.

The bad alarm sounded at 7:15 am again today, so I could do this all over again!! Joy, Joy! Celeste woke up happy and Dana said he felt better too. Finally! That over with, so I thought, at least for now, I head back up to take the boys to day 2 of camp. I make it at 9am and then head to Renee's for Leah's cut and Celeste's lice check. ( I couldn't treat her last night, she was not in the mood, plus I hadn't been able to find one shred of evidence that it was a lice on her head). Renee checked her head and couldn't find anything, either, so it could've just been a brown but- she said to keep checking her until Friday- another chore- but very important, nonetheless! So far, so good. Leah gets her signature cut, and since the rain has stopped (oh, to top off my night of restlessness because of the fire in my bed, it thundered and lightening lit up the sky for hours last night!!), we went to Renee's pool! Are we crazy?! I didn't take suits, thankfully Renee had an extra for Leah, and Celeste just got her shorts wet! The girls had fun while Renee and I chatted, which is always fun for us! I made it back to pick up the boys and home for lunch again. Now, Dana just came home, and he is still not good and Celeste is supposed to be napping but is up in her room whining!

I was hoping for a Turnaround Tuesday- maybe there is still hope- Alex has a game tonight- that might do it!

9 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Yikes-that is insane! Congrats to you for surviving! So, did she actually have lice? You didn't say what resulted from the lice check- just that you didn't see anymore evidence. I hope not for your sake!

Abbey said...

Wow, Kelly in all the craziness you still manage to have some fun. I am sorry that Dana and Celeste were not feeling well. I hope they start feeling better.

Kelly said...

Amanda-
I followed up in the post just now- forgot to mention that no, she didn't find any either, but I have to continue to check her until Friday. let's hope and pray for none!!

Moms Are Contagious said...

Crazy!!! I hope nobody else at your house gets sick and that no lice is found this week. I am glad you survived!!! I will be hoping that you do NOT have a wacky wednesday.

BTW-It is very sad about McKenzi. I do not know how much Em told you but Taylor might end up with more than she bargained for...

Es Wells said...

Tell Dana I love him and hope he feels better soon.It always sucks to be sick. I hope Celeste doesn't have lice. I thought they are white not brown??? Anyway, the pics look like so much fun. You got to keep cool. Over 100 degrees for several days here. Shew, tomorrow will be only 90! Yea!

The Cochran Family said...

You are the throws of motherhood!!!Hang in there, before you know it they will be out of the house and you and Dana will be starring at eavhother...at least that's what I am told....On a more serious note...a funny thing happened to me. I had a crazy day a while ago, when I had so much going on and then Ryan scratched our new tv and it was just a wild day...anyway at the end of the day I felt a sense of happy accomplishment...could this be happening??? And it felt really good to hit the sack!

everyday katie said...

What a lousy couple of days...sounds like us. We're supposed to be moving and we have the stomach flu...and to top it off. The guy we're renting form sold this house and people keep coming over for inspections and appraisals. We're throwing up and living in a disaster of boxes and piles of furniture. Why do things like this happen?

Suzanne said...

You are quite the planner and always manage things just perfectly. You didn't seem stressed on Monday or today! I'm glad we got together to have some water fun with the kids. Leah & Spencer were too cute together!! And... hooray for no lice. I know you were a little freaked out about that:)

Autumn said...

What great picturesof the foundatins!!!