Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

15 June 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad (Grandpa)!


I have posted about my Dad before, on his birthday, but today, I thought I would show a few different sides of him- more of him as a Grandpa!
When Alex was born, he was the first grandchild, and thus became the "favorite"- at least that's what I think! He was the only one for over two years until my neice was born and then Leah a few months after that, so he got alone time with Grandpa and got to learn all kinds of "boy" things from him. My dad and Alex are buds and Alex relishes time with him as much as he can.

When I was growing up, my dad spent countless hours with me and my brother, and was always at every event in our lives. He strives to be that for my kids, and that means more than I can say. He drives out for Leah's dance class, he comes to watch Alex play baseball, and just to see Celeste. When we lived only a mile or two away from him, he would just stop over to spend ten minutes of his day with us, just to see the kids, and I loved it as much as they did.

He has always been an involved dad and looked for ways to be around us. He even became part of the "boosters" in High School so that he could be at all of our events and probably to drive us crazy!! He was good at that!

I called him "photo dad" because he was never without his camera. He was taking pictures at all of our events, and we have boxes upon boxes of photos from our childhood. I love that. Even now he takes pics when we are together, and refuses to switch to digital, so the photo lab still loves him! When I was over at my parents' house tonight for dinner, I snagged some old pictures of my dad and me!! These are from the many park outings we had and the many times we spent in the Great Outdoors! These made me smile!
(This is a scan of a scan, so it isn't that great of quality, but it is still a great pic!)

I am not in this one, but that is Sean in the middle swing, and my dad squeezing into the other! I remember this park, and I remember that swing being uncomfortable for a child, let alone an adult!

This must have been the same day...check out those sweet shorts on my dad- and tank! He was cool! Do you love the sideburns?! I was cute, too, huh?!

Now onto the great outdoors with Alex...

Alex loves sleepovers at Grandpa's house- ever since he was little- they have fun watching movies and hanging out!

Alex so loves fishing with Grandpa, and even though he may look squeamish in this pic, Alex loves to catch them now, though he still won't bait his own hook!

The girls love Grandpa too, and he gives great horsey rides! This is Leah in 2003.

Celeste loves swimming in the pool with Grandpa! This was last summer at the boat.

My children are so blessed to have such a great Grandpa! He loves them very much, and they can't imagine life without him! I love my dad and am forever grateful for the many years of memories and fun times he gave me- life was much more fun with him around, and I look forward to many more years with him as my Dad, and with him as Grandpa for my kids!
Happy Father's Day, Dad- I love you!!

4 comments:

Es Wells said...

that was beautiful. what a great page for your "book".

Suzanne said...

Dad's are the best! You are so lucky to live near him especially so your kids can develop a wonderful relationship with their Grandpa!

Amanda B. said...

Awesome tribute to your dad. Aren't grandpas great? I love it when grandpas are involved with their grandkids. Happy fathers day to your dad! :)

Autumn said...

So fun!!!