Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

04 June 2008

Fantastic Field Days!

Yesterday Alex had his 2nd grade "field days" at the high school. It was overcast, so not too sunny, but particularly humid, but it was great nontheless. Alex was signed up for several events, including the long jump, the frisbee throw, the 75 meter dash and the super fast relay. Not the fast relay, but the Super Fast Relay!!

His first event was the long jump, and on his 2nd jump he jumped 6 feet 9 inches! That was great! I don't know how he did in comparison to the other boys in his class, but I was proud of him!

Next was the frisbee throw- and he threw 65 feet! Too bad that wasn't that great, since his friend threw it and it rolled and rolled, making his throw at 131 feet!! WOW! Here he is with his friend, Chris who had a great frisbee throw, too!

Next came the races!! Alex is a pretty fast kid, and he ended up doing really well in his races- he scored 4th place in the 75 meter dash, and his team of 4 boys WON the Super fast relay! They were fantastic!! Here are some running shots...

This is the beginning of the 75 meter dash...check out his arms pumping!!

Waiting for the baton for the "Super Fast Relay!"

These are the 4 fastest boys in the 2nd grade!!

"Run Forrest Run!!"

Overall it was such fun!! He is such a good sport, and was not that upset that he didn't get a ribbon for the 4th place finish, but was esctatic for the 1st place ribbon in the relay! Here he is with the fastest kid in the school...he is in his class, and if you consider that he is 1000 times more athletic than anyone else, then Alex is really the 3rd best!! Jared is a year older than all the other boys and comes from a very talented family- he is going places, and we will be looking for him in Sports Illustrated!

Of course, I took Celeste, so here are some shots of her enjoying the day!


We love the end of the school year! We love all the fun it brings as we end another year of learning! My children have learned so much this year and we are very proud parents!

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Ah--field day! I used to love that when I was in school. Looks like you've got a little athlete. I also loved the pictures of your FHE at the park. What fun memories!

Suzanne said...

Those are some great action shots! What a great time. I'm glad they didn't get rained out. I guess it was timed just right!!

Amanda B. said...

Yay Summer!!!! The end of the school year is always the best! I am glad the year is done. I love the picture of Alex holding Celeste out on the field- priceless! He seems proud of his little sis! (Kenny is the same way with his siblings and I love it!)