Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

05 June 2008

Throwback Thursday 3

This has begun to be so fun for me!
SO, since it is June, and graduation month for so many, I thought I would post a few of my Graduation pictures! Fun, Fun!
This one is from my Senior Picture Portfolio 1993- High School! Laugh and laugh, go on...it's okay- I am too!! Just so you know, this hair and outfit was HOT then, and I was COOL- okay, well, not that cool, but I was popular, doesn't that count as cool?! This one is the one in my Senior Yearbook, from which, I was the Editor! Yes, again, you may laugh, but this is the one that had to have a solid background, and no props- this was taken the same day, though. And might I point out that I was actually a Junior when these were taken, because I was chosen to be an "ambassador" for this photographer, meaning he took 3 sessions of pictures of me, and used them as examples for his work. He chose me, mainly because I knew him from working on the Yearbook for 3 years, but he also chose 2 of my best girlfriends, which was so great because we got many pictures for free and got to be photographed a bunch!! Lucky! Sorry it's a little grainy, but I had to scan it from my yearbook! Check out the gold chains- wow! Those are something! Do you so love the length of my hair- it hasn't been that long since then- or at least not that hot-rolled!! It seriously took a long time to get this look- I am sure the ozone layer is damaged mainly from me and my AquaNet! Can you see the tanning bed tan, too?! That is a whole other story in itself!

Okay, fast foward to 1997 and my College Graduation from The Ohio State University. I had these taken a couple of months before, and as you can see with the shift in big hair, I too, toned it down a bit. I even had layers and not much hairspray- imagine that!!

Next Thursday, I will post actual Graduation Photos from the day I received my diploma and degree- trust me, you will not want to miss that- check back in a week for that little gem!

Feel free to leave me comments on how much I have grown and changed- but remember that it was 15 YEARS AGO for my High School graduation and 11 YEARS AGO for my college- times have changed, thank goodness, and so have I- be thankful for that!!

9 comments:

I am Laura said...

Too funny. One good thing is that you no longer do your hair like that. These are very funny to me.

Amanda B. said...

I love the old pictures! Despite the big hair- you are beautiful! I remember that look and I remember it was the way to look. I totally believe you were popular. I think we are all grateful for style changes!

everyday katie said...

I can not believe the amount of hairspray you must have used. HIlarious. Your flashbacks are WAY better than mine.

Suzanne said...

What a hottie!! It's hard to believe that was the style. What were we thinking:)

The Cochran Family said...

THis big hair is growing on me, maybe I should start a blogging tag to post pictures of ourselves with our best 80's hair-do. DO you think you still have it? I think I have enough hairspray in my bathroom..... :)

Lauri said...

I love your throwback Thursdays...and the big hair thing is hilarious. I remember blow drying my hair with my head tilted sideways and then hairspraying it at that point so is would be real big on the sides. Remember all of the gel, mousse, and hairspray we used? Crazy!

Love that you put a teaser for next week's entry. You can bet I'll be checking back!

Jamie said...

OMG...I can't believe we used to spend so much time on our hair. I remember the cloud of hairspray I would create in the bathroom. That couldn't have been good for our lungs! Looking forward to next weeks hair pictures!! I have GOT to figure out my scanner.

Home Management Group said...

Suzanne stole my comment!!!

Tina said...

I love those pics. I don't make fun of my pics from the past because I realize I had to go through the "rough" times to get to where I am today!