Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

15 June 2008

This one is for Daddy!

Happy Father's Day, Dana!! Today was unlike any other Father's Day we have had since Alex was born!! We didn't even go to church today!! (I did, but only for RS, since I had to teach!) That is because we have some sickies in our house, and the first one is Daddy! Yes, Dana has been sick with the flu (that is our diagnosis) for a week now! He has not felt well, and couldn't even go to Leah's recital last night! He has been in bed trying to rest and trying to recover as best as he can. But, we still celebrated Father's Day with him this morning and went to dinner with my parents anyway! He feels good in spurts, so we took advantage of that, and now he is crashed on the couch!

I wanted to post some of my favorite pictures of him with our kids- he is, after all, the most terrific father I could've ever asked for my children. I love him more now than before we had our children and I see the deeper he loves me too. I love that he adores them, and cherishes the time he has with them. He takes time to do things with them that I don't and I love that they have things between them that I don't have with them- that is their own. He loves them individually and treats them as such. He is just the best dad!

This is moments after Leah was born.

He loves to play with them!

His first Daddy/Daughter Dance with Leah!

Leah loves her daddy!

Daddy's Girls- they just adore him!
Alex and Daddy bond over football and Ohio State!
More dancing with Daddy!
Another photo op with Daddy!
Daddy loves the Braves, and so does Alex!
Daddy loves the pool with his kids!
Even the baby pool!
Rootbeer floats and out to dinner with Daddy- life is good!
Daddy even does Dinosaurs with them!
One last walk on the beach on vacation last year- just with Daddy!

Alex, Leah and Celeste are so happy to have such a great daddy, and I am blessed that he is such a great husband to me! I couldn't even name all the reasons why, but he is just the greatest and we love him!!
Happy Father's Day, Daddy, We love you- and so do I!!

6 comments:

Es Wells said...

those are some great pics. I just love seeing them!

Tina said...

What a great tribute to Dana. He really is a great father and he is lucky to have you recognize that fact!!! I love those pics.

Suzanne said...

What sweet pictures! Dana is a great daddy. What a bummer being sick all week and especially on his one big day of the year. I didn't go to church either today and was home with Olivia & Abby. I think they are feeling a bit better this morning but it made for a few rough nights and not the typical father's day I was hoping for. Let's get together this week if our sickies are up for it:)

Abbey said...

I loved seeing how much your children changed throughout the years. How lucky they are to have a daddy like Dana!

Amanda B. said...

What a cool post. Dads are so fun. I have found that to be true as well, that I think Aaron and I love each other more now than we did before we had kids. I love to see the younger pictures of your kids! So fun!
I am really worried about Dana- I hope he is okay! And the bummer about it- he doesn't even get to take sick days off work! Summer illnesses stink! (especially when you are a teacher- it is precious time!) I do hope he gets better soon! :( Happy Fathers day, Dana! Get better already! :)

Autumn said...

I love these pictures. The one with Leah and Dana-he has such a great smile-I love it.