Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

17 June 2008

Movie Mania-Sickness Update

On Friday nights in a neighboring town, there is a barn and a hill, and grass, and they play kids' movies on the side of the barn, as an amphitheatre! It is so great, because it is FREE!! Yes, thanks to Suzanne for finding all the freebies for us to do here! So, a couple Fridays ago, we went to the first show, and it was "Surf's Up". We hadn't seen it, and so we thought we would go and celebrate the last day of school! The kids thought it was fantastic. We learned a few things, though:
1- It begins at 9:30pm, so it is not that fun for Celeste!
2- Take more food than you think- we took 2 bags of popcorn, 5 snack bags of cookies, and 3 waters, and the kids ate it all in the first half hour!
3- Don't sit too close to the front, or your neck will hurt the next day! We didn't think we were that close!
4- Pee before going!

Overall, we had a lot of fun, and will go a couple more times throughout the summer, but here are some pics from our first show!
There is a pond there, too, and ducks, so next time we will bring extra food to feed them!

Leah relaxes on the blanket.

Alex loved this movie!

Celeste downed nearly that entire bag of popcorn!

This lasted for about 5 minutes! Then Celeste was everywhere!

This is her whining near the end of the movie- it was after 11 when it was over!

Me and my boy!

Leah and mommy cheese it up!

The boys chillin for the flick!

Fun, fun!!

Okay, so to update you on our sick family:

Dana- last night was the first night in 8 that he wasn't feverish the entire night! For the last 7, he would hit 102 and then break and cycle over and over for about 4 times! It was miserable, for him, I know, and for me who was desperately trying to sleep, too!!

Celeste- last Friday, I took her to the pediatrician, and he said she has a touch of pneumonia! Yep, not good. 3 prescriptions, and 3 breathing treatments a day- fun, fun! Today she had to go back, and he said she was a tad better, but no worse- that was good news. She is now on a new prescription at night, and down to 2 treatments a day. She can go outside now, whereas for the past 4 days she was not allowed to be in the heat and humidity. Finally she gets to be outside with her siblings and will soon get fully better. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers- they are working!

7 comments:

Moms Are Contagious said...

I am SO glad everyone is feeling better now. Sounds like the outdoor movie is fun, is that the one in Pickerington?...I do not know if that is the one you are talking about but they have one like that there.

Have a great day!

Amanda B. said...

that movie night sounds like a blast. We have GOT to do that- I need to talk to you and get info about where and what movies. Thanks for sharing!

So sorry about all the sickness- I can only imagine what it has been like for you. I am glad it sounds like they are on their way back up. I will keep prayin! Love ya- hang in there!

The Cochran Family said...

:) I wanted to take the boys to one of these and Seth was like, oh they'll be up to late...hey once and while thats ok though right...next time I'm just going to tell him to go jump in a lake! :) That looked fun...my gash Dana has been sick a lot lately...what are ya doin to him...J/K! I'm glad eveyone is getting better...slowly...

Autumn said...

Free outdoor movies?!!?!? I want to go!!! So fun!!! I'm glad your house is starting to feel better! I hope its only better from here!

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the movie. We love outdoor movies so hopefully we can make it next time and not flake on you:)

Abbey said...

that movie night sounds like a treat. Anyway, so happy to hear your family is coming out of the whole sickness. That is a long time to be sick Especially for Celeste.

Isaac said...

Must be fun .