Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

26 June 2008

Throwback Thursday 5- Summer of 78'

These were taken 30 years ago!! WOW!! That was a long time ago, huh?! I am getting old- I was nearly 3 in these pictures! We went on many fun vacations when I was growing up- and lots of parks and fun places. These were taken at Sea World...check out my hot mom- does she not look stylin' in the 70's?! She could get away with that today!! She looks amazing!

This is at some dam somewhere we visited (I meant to ask my parents where that was). Notice, I am wearing the same outfit in 3 of these pictures!! Either I didn't have many to choose from, (probably not the case) or I am more like my daughters than I want to think! (Leah has a closet full of clothes, but chooses the same things day after day!)

The other day, Dana said that Celeste is me- blonde hair and brown eyes- you can see it in these pictures. My hair didn't start turning darker until I was in elementary school.

Our vacations were nearly always near some type of body of water- the beach was a common place to be in the summer with us. We always had a boat (at some points, we had 2), and we were always out in the sun! Some things never change: from April to November, my dad is at the lake on his boat every weekend!! I am grateful for the fun summers I had as a child, and have many memories of these moments. I don't remember this summer of 78, but I am grateful for my parents who took the pictures and for the smile I had in all of them!

10 comments:

Isaac said...

Love the pics

Amanda B. said...

LOVE the old pictures!!!! Sooooo cute- I see where your girls get their adorable blonde hair! And, yes, your mom looks amazing. How fun to grow up around water like that. My parents are NOT water bugs and our vacations consisted of camping and visiting historical sites. Yay..... I would actually enjoy that now, but back then, we wanted to go to the beach! :)

Autumn said...

How fun-your Mom is so cute then too! I see how you tan well...I was going to do a vacation post too. I LOVE vacations. I can't wait for you guys to go to Myrtle Beach again...so fun to look forward to!

Abbey said...

wow, that is so crazy. It is like looking at Celeste back in the 70's You were such a cute baby.

The Cochran Family said...

Your mom was very cute, kinda like how you are now!! Thats what I was thinking! Very cute. oh and you had hair...I had a bowl cut. I wanted to grow my hair out sooo bad, but my momma kept chopping it off..very cute

Suzanne said...

Check out that blonde hair. I would have never guessed. I agree, the water is a great place to vacation!

Emilee said...

how cute. u and the girls look just so much alike. i also see some of alex in you too.
Em!

Es Wells said...

I love your throwback thursdays--Its a great idea. I like seeing your old pics--too fun

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, Celeste looks just like you at that age! And the pose you struck when you were at the beach is a Leah pose! Your daughters are just like you. Keep the throwback Thursdays coming!

wolfpack said...

I love your throwback thursdays. When I first saw that picture of your mom, I thought of you right away. It looks like that could be you and Leah. You were an adorable girl!!!! Sean looks cute too!