Sure, I have had time to blog, wouldn't miss that- but chat on the phone has taken a backseat, sadly, and spending time with friends, too. I have become a chauffeur for Alex and his many camps, Leah and her tennis lessons, and still doing regular errand running. The only thing benefit ting from this is the gas companies!! I have spent more than I care to add up on gas this month! Not that I mind terribly, I mean, Alex has had many great experiences that he wouldn't normally have- ie: baseball camp, camp with Ivy, Scout camp; and Leah, too- tennis lessons are a whole mile away!
June has just passed by with barely a blink for me, and I am sort of saddened by it. I feel like a tumbleweed in a whirlwind, and I do not adjust well to non-planned events! I am a planner, and like to know exactly where I will be at a given moment, and June just took over and that was not my plan!! I am planning for July to be a much calmer month- let's hope for my sanity and yours!
Baseball will end this week, but the 4th of July is soon approaching, which means fun! We love fireworks, and all the festivities, including my brother's 35th birthday!! The kids thrive ad mist the chaos and activities, and so I should let up a little and just enjoy- that is what I will try to do.
Despite the craziness, many good things have come out of this month, including,
1-Alex received the "sharp shooter" award at scout camp
2-Leah is learning to ride a 2 wheeler (she is getting really good, but had to take time to heal after riding directly into my rose bushes and scraping her little arms and legs up!)
3-Alex got a hit every time he was up to bat this season
4-We got parts fixed in our basement so that it doesn't leak water into our foundation anymore, and a part for our grill- all under warranty, meaning it was free!
5-Dana finally healed from the flu, and Celeste is no longer on breathing treatments for the pneumonia- just 2 allergy meds for her asthma-like symptoms
6-I got many new things for our house thanks to my great friend, Jennifer moving away- I am not happy about that part, but at least I get to keep a part of her here with me. I have been busy helping her finalize her empty house here (one that we would love to have, by the way), so that has kept me busy, too- but I so don't mind-she is a tremendous friend, and has done way more for me! I miss her already!
So, not all bad- and here is a picture of my favorite piece of furniture, thanks to Jen's moving van not being big enough! I have always wanted an entry bench, and this fits perfectly! I am in process of updating the pictures of the kids above it, so just pretend that they are newer!
Well, that is enough ranting for a day, but just so you know, if July is as busy as June, I will lose what little is left of my mind! I am ready for a vacation- only 33 days to go!!


10 comments:
I Love your new entry bench. It is sooooo Beautiful. I want one too!!!! Sounds like you and your crazies have been crazy this month. At least you still blogged. When I'm crazy I don't blog or talk or do anything. By the way, you could never be a bad friend because you are amazing at everything you do. See you in 30 days!!!!
wow, what a very busy month it has been and Leah in tennis. she would make the cutest tennis player. the bench is cute too. i hope july is a little slower. i would have to agree with whole schedule thing, it is no fun to not have things planned out.
I feel I have been too busy too and today I complained and complained about it to the point that Ben got mad at me. He said if you have no time how do you blog. Well, I guess it is because I stay up until 1:00 in the morning to look at blogs.
I completely agree with the crazy June! I thought life would slow down once summer came but it hasn't. So much for planning a weekly outing. We'll have to plan something for this week!
The entry bench looks great. That was very nice of you to take care of things for them. I'm sure they really appreciate it.
Things have definitely been crazy for you. Just learn to say "no" and sit back and relax! :) Not that I am very good at that word either, but hey, we can try. I don't have a kid in scouts yet, so I know that will be crazy when the time comes. Love the entry bench! very very cool! :)
I'm with you. I looked at the calendar the other day and realized how much time has passed since school was out and how little time I have left. My TO DO list hasn't been accomplished yet.
I love your new bench!! I am so glad you took it and are using it. We really loved it while we had it and now it is in an even better home! You are simply the best friend ever! We would have been so lost without you during the whole moving fiasco. I love you dearly and hope your summer becomes everything you want it to be...you SO deserve it!
I have missed you but I too have been absent in the blogging world! I LOVE THAT BENCH!!! I would so love one like that-it looks great w/ your decor!!! beautiful! Thanks for playing with Ells in nursery!
That is adorable, love the bench! And the purse too, I love that scrapebook page you made, I didn't know you could do that too! I noticed Jen wasn't in church and wondered if they had moved, so sad. The ward is shrinking! But i did see some new fams....crazy life makes you appreciate the vacations...like mine now....:)
I love the bench. True friends understand that life happens and you're not able to stay in touch as often. You've been the best friend I've ever had with diligently staying in touch with me. Thanks! I'm exhausting thinking of all that you did in June!
Post a Comment