I feel so blessed today, on Mother's Day to feel such love from my children. My heart is full and I cannot express how much it means to me to have them say, "Happy Mother's Day" to me. This morning, when Alex and Leah woke up at 8am, they quietly went downstairs, while Dana, Celeste and I stayed asleep for nearly an hour more! Then when I did get up, they jumped up from the couch where they were comfortable, ran up to me, and hugged me and said that they love me and Happy Mother's Day! Tears just welled up! I love them so- they are so special and so wonderful, and yes, they do love their mother!
They made me wonderful gifts for Mother's Day, but instead of waiting until today to give them to me, they presented them on Friday when they got home from school. I absolutely love everything, and all the thought they put into it (not to mention the help from their great teachers!) From Alex, I got a laminated picture of me that he drew, along with a poem of how he loves me, a MOM key chain that he made, a wheel that says all kinds of great attributes he thinks I posses, and a book of promises. From Leah, she made me this really great flower pen in a can- yes, that flower is a pen, and it sits perfectly on my shelf in my kitchen!
From Celeste, I got this cute card, a button that says I love you, and an adorable candy bracelet (thanks to Jen in nursery!) What a lucky mom I am!I didn't awaken to breakfast in bed, (I am not a breakfast person, so that doesn't bother me), but I did get to sleep in and Dana is getting me a new Coach bag in DC this week! See, I really am lucky! Dana is good to me everyday, and so today was no different- I am the one that gets to sleep in every Sunday while he gets the kids breakfast and I just read my store ads and relax.
We went to my mom's for dinner tonight, along with Sean and Stephanie, and the girls, and it was very fun! My mom is fantastic, as I wrote about her for her birthday, but she is even more than all that, too- I love her dearly, and she even called me this morning, before I called her to tell me that she was thinking of me and to say Happy Mother's Day! She is amazingly lovable and a tremendous mother and friend. I couldn't tell you how much she means to me, because that kind of love is immeasurable. Thank you, Mom for all you do and for being my mom!
Above all, I thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to be a mother to these three children who I treasure more than any treasure on earth. I am so loved. And so blessed.


6 comments:
You are a great mom and you have raised some wonderful kids! The gifts they make us are priceless and mean so much. Dana told me about the coach bag you are getting! Another something to look forward to!! I'm glad you had a great day.
Glad you had a great day. I love the colored picture of you. It is a good likeness(meaning I can tell it is you). You have have some special little darlings. Love you all
How sweet- aren't those homemade gifts just the best?? I am happy you had a good day!
CUTE KIDS FOR A CUTE MOM!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it.
Aw, so cute. Your picture captures all of the goodies-I love it.
Post a Comment