BUT, despite my grumpiness of being the single parent, we did manage to have some fun without Daddy this week, and this included:
-GiGi coming in from California and spending a couple days with us!
-Going to the park - twice for Alex's practice, and the girls on the playground!
-Going to Easton and Bob Evans with GiGi! (Always a treat!)
-Made and ate an entire strawberry pie! (We took one to Jennifer, too)
-Alex get a sleepover at his school on Friday! (With a new sleeping bag from Grandma!)
-I got my haircut! (always love that!)
-The girls and I slept overnight at Grandma's house Friday! (Grandma's house is the best!)
-The girls got to play at Aunt Stephanie's house with her cousins on Saturday!
-We went to a baptism for our friend, Devon on Saturday with many of our old friends!
-Mommy ran the 5K downtown with family and friends!
-Leah had dance pictures taken! (Wait till you see the pink!)
-We ate ice cream everynight! (Leah's choice: Birthday Bash ice cream!)
So, see, it wasn't all bad! Especially when you top it off with ice cream cones each night!! Here are a few pictures of that crazy week-




Dana is back, and it is so much better, and we actually sat around and did very little Sunday and Monday! It was so nice! I actually got to go to the store alone which was even better, and now we can gear up for another busy weekend- but this time we can divide and conquer! Thank goodness! Oh, and Dana brought me home a new Coach purse and matching wallet from DC- it is perfect!


9 comments:
I understand the craziness of being a single mom. I did it for a year and a half when Brian was in medic school. YUCK. I can't believe how much you guys got done. I love the pics of everyone. Isn't it amazing how much we appreciate our hubbies when they're not around?
Sounds like you accomplished a lot of fun while he was gone. I love the ice cream collage with a row of each girl. And the pink dress-so cute!! I think Dana did a great job on the Coach purse and wallet-very nice!
Congrats on making it through- I agree I hate it when Aaron is not here. You did a great job though at keeping some fun going! :) Love the pictures!
Look at you----fancy Coach purse. Having your husband out of town is the pits! At least you had family around and Alex gone at a sleepover. That had to help.
Wow, that was a fun week at least you got a fancy purse in the end. Ice cream every night is a good comfort for sure. Glad you survived.
What a busy week! I can totally relate to the single mom thing. It is not fun doing all of it alone. Glad he had a nice time and was able to find a purse for you. Nice pick! You had a crazy week and a lot going on. Great collages though. You seemed so calm when I saw you on Friday. You had it all under control!
I know it's crazy to be the single parent so make sure you get time for yourself too! This past weekend I left Evan with his daddy and I went to the spa all morning and dinner and dancing with friends that night! We all deserve to pamper ourselves and enjoy our lives with our girlfriends!!!
Sounds like a great week, with some fun! You are such a great mom...
The kids will always remember the time you give them. Sometimes thats hard for me to remember when I just want a brake from them. Then I remember I only get to raise them once--only one time to teach them, love them and be their mom while they are little. As time goes by you start to see how fast time flies and you don't want to waste any of that time with them on being grumpy or mean. Should I watch this shows again or play a card game with them that they love? Suddenly everything becomes clear. Thats why you are such a super mom, Kelly!
Post a Comment