Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

11 May 2008

And the winner is.......

MY MOM!!
How well does she know me?! Apparently she knows me very well! I remember bargain shopping with her many times, though I must say that I still get better deals than her! How great is it that she is the winner and today is Mother's Day?! Now she gets 2 gifts! She wins a stunning new necklace with ornate silver beads - it is truly her style. I must admit, that had someone else won, I wouldn't have awarded the same prize- but this fits her better than the other gift. Congrats, Mom!
Now, here is the breakdown, and this is truly what I paid- honestly, this is a GREAT DEAL!

1. Necklace- $5.50
2. Shirt- $3.06
3. Bracelet- $.85
4. Jeans- $5.24
5. Shoes- $2.86
6. Coat- $7.65

Grand Total of $25.16!!

I know, you don't have to say it, I am good! This is how I shop! I couldn't imagine paying much more for these items, I mean, they are cute and all, but I am cheap! I don't have the luxury to pay full price for anything, not even groceries, most of the time, so this is how I do it! I do spend probably more time shopping to get deals like this than most of you do, but I love shopping, so for me, it is just easy, and part of who I am! The deals are sometimes easy to come by, sometimes it is off-season, but I just bought all of these items within the last 5 weeks! Do you want to hear the coat story?
Well, I saw the coat in the clearance section (the best section, I might add..), and it totally caught my eye- I had been looking for a coat like this for a while. I immediately looked at the price tag- it was $100 then 70% off for a price of $30. Well, not that that isn't a good deal, but I didn't want to pay that much, and justifying large purchases that aren't a necessity is getting harder...BUT, I tried it on anyway..and really loved it! I noticed, however, that it was missing the belt and it had a small black dot on the lapel. I thought to myself that it wouldn't hurt to ask customer service if they would discount it any more. So, I did- I was really proud of myself! I had never done that before, and was a tad nervous, I mean it was already 70% off! The lady at the CS desk checked it out on her machine and said, "how about nine dollars?" I looked at her, wide-eyed and said, "SOLD!" I couldn't believe it! I thought the best she could do would be maybe half off of the $30- but no, she took another 70% off the $30! The smile on my face was so huge! Talk about a great deal- a $100 coat for $7.65 (I had another 15% off coupon!!)
The other items were just seriously discounted, and I got lucky- especially the shoes. They aren't my favorite item, but for the price, even if I only wear them a few times, I will get my $2.86 out of them! They were originally $44!
Thank you for playing along!! I have to say that Bonnie finished a mere second place, within only a .68 cent difference- she knows me too, apparently!
I can't wait to do another contest soon- this was really fun for me! Hope you had fun too!

11 comments:

everyday katie said...

Unreal...I thought my $48 dollar guess was a steal. That's what I would have paid (because I'm a bargain shopper, too) and thought I did a good job. MAn, I should have known. I was actually guessing the necklace to be the cheapest item...and it was the second most. More than your jeans.

I have that teal Banana Republic coat...same style...that I got for $20. I was expecting your coat to be about that same price...since that would have been a deal, too. Instead you got the whole outfit for just a few dollars more. I should have known. MAn you're good.

When I saw that I had an email from you, I thought for sure you were going to tell me I won...instead it was that cute mother's poem. Too bad, but congrats to your mom.

Suzanne said...

You are good! Amazing deal:)

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!!! You are sooooo good. I am so extremely amazed at your skill/talent and embarrassed that my guess was so high (which I THOUGHT was a bargain). I need to rethink some of my "great deals" that don't come anywhere near yours!

Autumn said...

WOW. AWESOME!!!!!! I scrolled to the second post and din't look at any other guesses first just to play anyway. I guessed a total of $81!!!! NICE work.

Its SO funny about your asking for a discount. I did that yesterday and immediately thought of you, I was thinking "I bet Kelly does this all of the time." I'm sure you'll do this regularly now! Mine was only $2.50 off but still I was glad I asked!

AWESOME finds!!! I totally noticed your coat today and was going to compliment you but guess I will here. Love it.

The Cochran Family said...

You are living proof that you don't need a lot of money to dress and look cute!!! You inspire me. I idea of bargain shopping is hitting Target clearance. The numero #1 thing keeping me from doing a ton of this kind of shopping is that I'm really bad at dressing myself. I have to see it on someone else first, thats means I see it on a manican and then try to copy it.

Amanda B. said...

Wow- you are good- that is unreal! I could learn a lot from you- I am so not good at that kind of thing- I am in awe..... :)

Tina said...

That's great Kelly. No wonder you're a hot mama all the time!!

Moms Are Contagious said...

I wasn't even close...

sounds like you know how to find the best deals around...

Lauri said...

Gee, I want you to teach me how to bargain shop. You are the woman!

I am Laura said...

MAN, WHAT i MISS OUT ON WHEN i DON'T LOOK AT BLOGS FOR A FEW DAYS. i WOULD HAVE GUESSED WRONG ANYWAY. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WAS SO CHEEP. wEHRE DO YOU SHOP! i NEVER FIND DEALS THAT GOOD.
lAURA

Home Management Group said...

Second place, Rats! Fun contest!!!