So yesterday, I WAY overspent on groceries, as I began our food stocking-up- I prefer to call it that rather than "food storage", since we are more likely to eat our storage, so we just stock-up and keep that replenished. I am ashamed to say that this is all we really have, and I have let it really dwindle down. We would survive on what we have here, but it wouldn't last long, and I am in need of continuing our stock! I am using part of our "recession" checks to help out, and I will keep it up to date and ready for the future! Here is a sampling of the beginning amount of our stock...you can't see the toilet paper, but it is there, because that is important too!!

Also yesterday, we took the kids to get ice cream at Baskin Robbins- it was 31 cents for one scoop last night, and one scoop was what we got! I loved it, and the kids loved their "bubble gum" ice cream, but Dana didn't think our $1.55 was that great of a deal! He thinks we could've bought a half gallon of Breyers for the cost in gas that it took to get there! He's such a stick in the mud sometimes! I am laughing because he is probably right, though it was fun, and it made great pictures! Pluse, we ran into the Boothe's and Bruckelmeyers- and we just missed the Arriola's- apparently Mormon's love cheap ice cream!!
The pink bubble gum ice cream actually had chuncks of gum in it- great if you are a kid, but it was not adult friendly!
It was not that warm when you weren't in the sun, where the seats were, so we just sat outside on the curb and ate our dessert. Bear in mind that Celeste ate nothing for dinner, but somehow managed to get ice cream anyway- probably because she's so cute!
Daddy doesn't look annoyed here, now does he?! That's because he has his one scoop and three crazies with him!
He was actually stealing my mint chocolate chip, and I didn't even know it!
6 comments:
I love your little grocery store! I have been buying lots of extras since our conversation to start our food storage. Right now it's all in bags in my storage room. I need to put it on shelves like you have it!
Dana had a valid point on the cost of gas but you need special moments like these for memories. I'm glad you guys went. Sorry we came when you were finishing. It seems like we all tag teamed like that last night. Next year we'll coordinate better or maybe it will be warmer so we'll feel like staying longer.
How Fun! I love icecream, but I did not know about that deal.
Great job on the food storage. My parents eat their food storage as well. I think it is hard not to.
that is fun I had no idea there where any around here. By the way like the idea of using the money for food storage. I will have to run that by my husband.
Dang. I totally forgot. Plus...I'd pick one scoop over a whole half gallon ANY DAY! I love having something to do out of the house.
If it were Spencer in the picture...he WOULD look annoyed. He hates pictures. He gets so annoyed that since I blog...I whip out my camera everywhere.
Your food storage looks better than mine! We do have some but it is in need of serious renovation. I, as well, hope to use some of our check to do that.
Getting icecream was so much fun! Way worth it- a lot more fun than just getting a half gallon of breyers- where is the adventure in that!! (you can read about our adventure if I ever find the spare 30 min. to do the post- what a crazy week!!! maybe tomorrow!)
I just looked at this post after my post on the food stocking up (or storage) :). I just want to assure you that the post was NOT a hint for you! We need the reminder just as much as anyone. So your recession check has already come? Nice.
I wish we could have gone to the 31 cent scoop night-how fun.
Post a Comment