Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

30 October 2008

Throwback Thursday 12- Halloween!!

I love Halloween!! I love dressing my kids up and I so love all the decorations!! Second to Christmas is decorating for Halloween to me! I look forward to buying new stuff next week for next year!!

This first picture is from 1978- 30 years ago!! This is my brother and I- can you guess which one I am?! How I got to be C3-PO, I have no idea! Apparently it was my parents attempt to make us match in costumes! I know Sean loved Star Wars, and maybe I did too, so here we are:
Isn't that hilarious?!
Well, onto my kids...starting in 2000, the year Alex was born:
We didn't really dress him up- I just took him to the pumpkin patch where this was taken and then put a pumpkin headband on him (I couldn't find that one).

2001- GeeGee sent him Tigger and he loved it!
2002- Leah was just a tiny and she was a lion and he was a giraffe- I loved his face in this one!
The first year of dressing alike: 2003- Leah was a cowgirl and Alex a cowboy- so darling!
2004- Tinkerbell and Peter Pan- and my friend Shanti's kids were Captian Hook and the crocodile- we had a blast with that!!
2005- Snow White and a knight in shining armor (or something like that!) This would be my last attempt to dress them together- it just got too hard and they didn't like me choosing anymore- plus we added Celeste, so 3 became a crowd!!
2006- Leah was Ariel and Alex was Zorro- I loved this year, too.
Celeste's first Halloween- she was bunny and she loved it!


2007- Celeste was the perfect Piglet, Leah was Princess Jasmine and Alex was Chipper Jones.


How cute are they?!

And to refresh your memory 2008: Leah is Belle, Celeste is Baby Jaguar and Alex is a ninja.

So, what will we be next year?! If you ask the kids, they already have an idea! Crazy kids!

9 comments:

Liza said...

so funny at Trick or Trunk last night..there were probably like 4 baby jaguar's. serious. or maybe they were going for lepards or cats,but it was almost that costume exactly lol. (I won best Trunk! of course, I had two dogs in costumes, flashing lights, bails of straw, skeletons, pumkins,and Thriller playing on repeat on Cd, how could I not!)

everyday katie said...

I LOVED these pictures. And C3PO? What the heck. I'm still laughing.

Lauri said...

Great costumes and what fun memories!

Amanda B. said...

I notice a theme in Leah's costumes.... :) She is so adorable! I love the picture of you holding Alex as a baby- you look really different! Aaron and I are laughing about the C3PO pic. :)

The Koenig Family said...

simply adorable!!! great post! i think i'll sue your idea and rummage through photos and create something like that--that is if i can get to the photos. you're good.

Moms Are Contagious said...

That is so fun! Those pictures and costumes are adorable! Halloween is so fun when you are a kid!

The Hansen Family said...

How fun seeing the costumes over the years! I might steal your blog idea though I don't know if I'm up for hunting down photos and all the scanning...;)

Jamie said...

Such fun! I was never much into Halloween, but I sure had a ball dressing Evan up this year in his bumble bee costume! No candy for him though, I don't want him to rot his 8 tiny teeth.

Autumn said...

So cute! I love all of the costumes. Its amazing how much Alex looks like himself in the baby picture! :)