Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

20 October 2008

Over the river and through the woods...to Grandma's (and Grandpa's) House we go!

Oh how I loved this weekend!! The kids and I traveled to visit my beloved Grandparents who live about 3 1/2 hours away up north. They live on a huge farm with my Uncle John being a farmer with 5 horses- and tons of land. The kids are just in heaven there, playing outside, in the pasture with the horses, communicating via walkie talkie, and just being in the wide open! I hardly know they are even there- since I spend a majority of my time with my grandparents who are just treasures. We got there around 1pm on Friday (the kids didn't have school), and the weather is usually about 10 degrees cooler there- so it wasn't necessarily warm, but not too cold, either. The kids immediately took off to visit the horses and left Celeste and I to prepare dinner for the family. I can't say we did a whole lot this visit- we hardly do- but that is the simplicity of it all- just relaxing, enjoying the people who are the dearest to us. My grandma is in great health, though sometimes her memory is not as sharp, but my grandpa fills in and we just love the conversations we have. I get to see my aunts I love, Pam and Trudy, and Jane. My cousins Jen and Kelly came out with their kids, and that was super fun too. Kelly's youngest son, Caden is a month younger than Alex, so they hung out perfectly yesterday. Leah spent a large amount of time picking and eating all the raspberries from Grandma's garden and Jane's- she was loving it! I tried to take lots of pictures- I succeeded- 106! Here are some of my favorites:

























Alex found this huge pile of dirt that my uncle had made and so he found a 16 foot stick with a towel that read: "Alex- keep away or die" on it! He had John dig a whole for it in the dirt and put it in- Alex was so excited and proud of that! He is hilarious! Celeste loves all the pets that are there- especially the dogs- Lucy, my grandparents little one, and Jack, my uncle's. She could play with them all day. Here are some random cute shots of the girls:








Today, though these pictures make me smile- I am sad because I know we won't see my grandparents again until the spring. We only made it up there twice this year, and I hated that. I hope we make it up a more next year- and hope that the winter is short and Spring comes soon! We love you, Grandma and Grandpa!!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Kelly, I am soooooo sad I missed seeing you and the kids this weekend. I had already made plans for the weekend(see my blog). My mom and dad told me how much fun it was to have the kids on the farm. And, you take the BEST pictures!

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. What precious memories you are creating for you and the kiddos!

Annie Katie said...

i love the fall pictures. it is beautiful there.

Amanda B. said...

Wow! What a weekend! Glad you had a great time! Grandparents are awesome! :) Wow- 106 pictures? How in the world to you take that many and then decide between them? I'm impressed!

Moms Are Contagious said...

Sounds like so much fun! That is great that you guys can go and spend time with them! Those will be such great memories for years and years!

lish cook said...

kelly, about my pics being bigger,all you have to do is click on each image and they will get bigger for you and you can see them close up.....

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I love the pictures! As always, I am in tears again! I wish I could have gone up with you. I love my dad's beard!

Hannah said...

MMMMMM I love raspberries AND horses! What a fun day.