Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

24 October 2008

4 X 4

It hasn't been that exciting of a week (thank goodness!), so I thought I would complete this tag from Katie: Look in the fourth folder of your pictures and select the fourth picture and write about it, so here you are:
This was 2006 and I was serving in YW with Katie and Amanda. This was a mutual my girls, the Mia Maids were in charge of and so we went to the Temple for a testimony meeting. We had snacks at the little picnic area we have off to the side and then we gathered for this group picture. I just loved serving in this Presidency. I am not just saying that because Katie was President, but because she and Amanda became such good friends of mine. They are both amazing women who serve selflessly. They have a pure love of Christ and for these girls, who let's be honest, are sometimes hard to love! I served with them for about a year and a half- and Amanda is still in there! (Sorry, Amanda- I feel your pain!)
Anyway, this was a really fun activity and the girls all wore white, which we requested, and so they got the feel for the purity and sacredness of the Temple. I love the Temple and being there with the girls was a great time- I pray that they each get married there and realize the importance of marrying the right person, at the right time, in the right place. To my girls I promised that I would be there when they did.
Now, if you haven't been tagged and you're reading this now- it's your turn- have fun!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

This was SUCH a great night. And cute picture. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that one. That was a great presidency. I unfortunately have and will compare every presidency I'm ever in to that. We functioned well. We were united in purpose. That is the only time I've been in a presidency like that. I miss you guys. Thanks for the compliments and the nice memories.

Moms Are Contagious said...

I think Em still has this picture or one similiar. It was a great idea. I wish that a temple was close when I was in Young Women's...I mean they announced the temple and built it when I was in Young Womens but I would have loved it if my friends and leaders did something like that!

What are you doing Tuesday morning? Read my blog!

Lauri said...

Serving a good, functioning presidency is one of the blessings of serving in the church. I remember when Katie told me about this activity and how awesome I thought it was.

Suzanne said...

What a great activity. The girls look so young. They are good girls!

Amanda B. said...

Awww what a cool post! Sorry it took me so long to see it- life has been just crazy around here and I haven't been able to read a blog even in days!!! But, here I am finally. I am seriously so grateful for the time in young womens just because of the friendships we formed. I adore you and Katie more than you know. I also truly love the young women and think I have learned more from them then them from me.

One of these years, I will be released and able to move on to something else....maybe.... :)

Emilee said...

I really that. I still have the big pic in the frame i think u or someone made for each of us with our pic. good times. lol.
Em!