Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

14 October 2008

Shop-a-holic, who me?!

So, I have been doing a little shopping lately- probably a little too much shopping if you ask Dana- BUT, in my defense, and I usually need it, I haven't spent as much as you may think. I have started buying a few Christmas gifts- trying to knock out the big gifts early- but I have been buying more non-Christmas items, and mostly they are for me! Shocking!

Well, it all started last week when Kohl's did their 30% off monthly coupon. I shopped ONLY on-line, and with free shipping, it was awesome! I got Celeste much needed fall outfits- 3 of them for $24- not bad, and I had to return one pair of pants because they didn't fit quite right. Anyway, Dana got another pair of shoes- and I got some new shirts- all for under $100. Also, there were 4 Christmas gifts included in that amount, so really, not that bad.

Well, then I found Target- my Target always has the best clearance, and being that Markdown Monday was last week (every Monday, actually), I found some terrific deals. First, they marked down all their Merona shorts and cropped pants- from $20 to $5! Steal! I love Merona! I got 2 pairs of cropped pants, one pair of shorts, and 2 new shirts for $20! Awesome! I was so in love. I bought a black shirt for $2.24, just like the orange, purple, and red one I have, making it a total of 4 shirts for $15. Not bad, eh? My philosophy- if you find a shirt or pant you love, buy it in every color- and that is just what I did!

Today I went to New York and Company at the cool mall. I found black pants, regularly $38 with a sign over it that said $9.99. I tried them on- perfect fit- and went to pay. They rang up $18.75. I said, "they are on a rack for $9.99." She said, "oh, the sign is wrong- we are re-arranging today." She gave them to me for $9.99! Ooooh, that felt great! Then I went to Gymboree and got Celeste 2 new shirts for her birthday for $10 total, and then Children's Place- 3 items for $8, and Old Navy, 2 items for $11. Then, Bath and Body works- 4 items for $19.

So, now my shopping spree has to end....I have to stop for a week or two- but seriously, I couldn't just pass these deals up- some were for Christmas, and I like buying ahead.
This is how I roll- Dana does really love that about me- he just doesn't know how much he loves that about me- since I pay all the bills! He just may never know it all!!

10 comments:

I am Laura said...

I love to shop too, but haven't gone in forever. Luckily the kids have some winter clothes I bought them from last years winter sales because I have to refrain until we get a little more ahead.

That was fun the one time I went shopping with you and the westland gang. Wish I lived closer so I could go again.

lish cook said...

kelly, you know what Tate always tells me just because its on sale or you have a coupon doesnt mean you have to use it.....lol

Tina said...

You are the absolute best shopper that I know! I love the Christmas villages at Kohl's and have been collecting them for several years. I normally get new pieces after Christmas for 70% off. I had a 20% off coupon and the villages were 40% off so I was celebrating my 60%off bargains!!!

Lauri said...

I always think I can find a good bargain but I am nothing like you...I need lessons.

wolfpack said...

Thanks for the laugh. I was laughing out loud because I was imagining you going from store to store all excited about all the bargains you were finding. Then when the lady tried to charge you $18 for the pants on the 9.99 rack I imagined you snapping your fingers in a z formation as she gave them to you for 9.99. That's just how you roll. That's why I love you!!!! Your the best! Miss You!!!

Suzanne said...

A girl after my own heart!

The Koenig Family said...

i'm right there with you! I LOVE finding deals! I have almost all my kids Christmas shopping done:) I got Neal something today--he's been kind of naughty so that may be his one and only...just kidding. congrats on great deals!!

Amanda B. said...

Wow! You are such an awesome shopper...I have a lot to learn...

Congrats to Leah!!! :)

E-Mommy said...

We could do some damage together. I just got C-bear some new things at Old Navy. They have great sales.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I thought I was the only one who bought one in every color. You are a shopper after my own heart. It's fun reading your blog.