After much deliberation and thought, I finally decided which embarrassing moment to post...and it's a doozy, let me tell ya...and one I am reminded of all the time by Dana-our little joke between us...so here goes...
Okay, so Dana and I had just started dating, it was probably our fourth or fifth time being together. We went to a park and walked around, and looked at the pond...I don't know, honestly, I just know we were there and it was getting late...okay, we had been there a while, and it was very late...so late that the park was closed and we were still there...not out walking around, but in his car...okay, don't get any crazy thoughts in your head, we had JUST started dating, so we were just talking....and talking...and talking till the wee hours of the night.
While we were talking, we didn't notice a police officer walking toward the car- the one we were just talking in...
(side note; there was a time that he like to talk as much as me!)
well, he approached the car, and I rolled down the um, steamy window, (because "talking" makes the windows foggy), and politely said,
"Oh, sorry, officer, I didn't know the park closed at 11".
He states back to me, "I didn't say the park closed at 11."
Yeah, way to go, Kelly. Remember that we had just started dating, and I was so embarrassed that I couldn't keep my cool in such a tense moment. Dana just laughed and rolled his eyes, the first of so many in our life together.
The officer, by the way, said we needed to leave, and not to be out at the park at 11 again!
Well, apparently, my lack of composure didn't affect our relationship, because I have done and said things since then that support that I am not cool under pressure- (sometimes)! Today we just laugh and refer to it as, "uh, I didn't know the park closed at eleven!" Oh, the fun...at least we can laugh about it, since at the time I was a tad mortified to say the least.
Okay, since everyone is enjoying this so much, I tag Es, Jen, Laura, and Tina. Let's hear it!
30 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
How Funny! Talking, huh? Sounds like you have an embarrassing story to tell to your grandchildren.
I recall having a similar experience! I've been tagged with this task as well and I'm really having a hard time coming up with something that I'm not emabarrased to let everyone read.
That is pretty funny. Good thing you were just...."talking". The fogged up windows are a nice touch! :)
You're reaction is classic. That was a good one to share.
Yeah, I used to love "talking" in cars too.
I remember when Brian and I would just talk and talk and talk. Such good memories. Thanks for sharing.
Ok, I will post in a minute. Fun memory. That police officer got you a bit nervous eh? What really was going on in that car?
Post a Comment