Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

11 April 2008

Good-bye's are Never Fun


Today was no exception- we had to say good-bye to Popi! He had to go back to California after spending a nice week with us! We had such fun with him and can't wait for him to come back soon for another visit. Thanks to Skybus, that probably won't be anytime soon, but, we can hope for a deal on another airline. My kids absolutely fall in love with Popi when he is here. They can't get enough of him- they are always all over him, and the girls just want his attention- especially Celeste. She immediately fell for him and practically never left him alone! She sang to him, danced for him, and always sat with him. Alex was so happy that Popi came for his baptism, and he has a special connection with him. Leah just loves Popi so much, and she loves that he loves her too.

Some fun things we did with Popi:
-Sat outside in the sun- it was a beautiful week for Spring Break!
-Watched movies
-Played basketball outside
-Wrestled
-Ate Donato's pizza and Bob Evans (thanks, Granny!)
-Went to OSU campus and looked at OSU gear
-Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner together every single day!
-Relaxed and hung out!

We really loved our time with him- he is a lot of fun to be with- he even took Dana golfing, which was fun for everyone but Dana- but despite that, it was their time together, which I know meant a lot to Dana. It is always hard to say good-bye, since we don't know when we will see him again- perhaps not until next March....but we hope he knows how loved he is and how much fun we had with him! We love you, Popi!

8 comments:

Moms Are Contagious said...

Grandpas are always fun! It's good that your children can spend time with him and get to know him. Those memories will stay with them forever!

everyday katie said...

Those pictures are out of control adorable. I wish my kids had a closer relationship with their grandpa. I didn't realize he was there for so long.

Amanda B. said...

Aren't grandparents incredible? I am glad you all had such a great time! My kids also have an excellent relationship with their grandparents- I don't know what I would do without them!

Suzanne said...

That's great it all worked out for him to be here. The skybus thing is a bummer and all the airline prices are going up. It might mean a road trip to CA for us? When I mentioned that to Ryan his first thought was "We don't have enought DVD's". I think it would be fun. I'll keep my eye out for good air deals because I know it's great to have the kids see the Grandparents as often as possible. I love the OHIO picture. I'm learning new things about this place everyday:)

Es Wells said...

Great pics. Dana has lost some weight since I saw him last. The kids are getting so big! Popi is always fun.

Autumn said...

what a blast-such GREAT pictures. So cute that he did the O-H-I-O pose!

Home Management Group said...

Having family that you love and get along with is priceless!!! What a blessing!!!

The Cochran Family said...

what a cute name! how did that happen...we have a Papa and Grandpa, but Popi...so cute. I heard about skybus, how rude! and no jet blue...what are we to do??? You guys look like you do so much fun family stuff