Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

21 April 2008

An Awesome Anniversary!

So, for our Anniversary, Dana surprised me (I sort of knew there would be some covert operation involved, since he had a baseball game that day on the other side of town!), with several unexpected things...

for one, he bought me a new camera!! Yah!! I was so excited (he actually gave it to me earlier in the week), because since I dropped ours, it hasn't worked that well..it still took pictures, but without zoom, or being able to use any features, including viewing them! I thought it would hold out for a while, but I am so happy that he seized the opportunity to buy me a new one! And all the next pictures are from the new camera, and I am seriously amazed at the difference!

second, he got me an hour LaStone Massage from Kenneth's! I am really excited about this one! I love going to the spa, but it is so expensive, so I don't get them that often...sad, huh? Well, I have always wanted to try the stones, so he again, took it upon himself to get me that, too! He is going to take a day off in May so I can go...for sure I will post about that!

third, he arranged for my mom to take ALL 3 kids for the ENTIRE NIGHT and book us a suite at the Hampton! Are you kidding? Time alone from all 3 kids? What on earth will we do?! Well, it was great! We realized we had not stayed alone from all three kids in a hotel since we were married! We once stayed away when Alex was 18 months in Palmyra, but that hardly counts... We first went to dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise, so fun, and check out the yummy sweet potato chips we got! Here we are at dinner...

Delicious, and we ate the entire basket!

After dinner we checked into our suite, which my mom had so sweetly put this out for us before we got there... she is so thoughtful!

Since no one was at the pool and hot tub, we went there first...and since we were alone, the rest of the pictures are one-armed...and they remind me of ones we took when we were first dating...kind of funny!


Okay, after that, since it was 10 o'clock and we were childless, we left the hotel!! That's right- we left and went to get ice cream! Come on- when do you ever get to leave the house at 10pm with your spouse?! This never happens, so we took advantage! Here we are at UDF with our yummy dessert! One armed shots can be interesting...

I didn't get a picture of the free continental breakfast that we had, but it was fantastic! I have never seen such a spread of food for free! Dana brought back 2 full plates of things to choose from! It was good, too. After we checked out, we went to the mall and did some shopping for ourselves! We didn't even go into the children's sections! Amazing for me! I got new sunglasses and a shirt, and sadly, Dana found nothing, but it was fun to be at the mall without our kids, too! That too, never happens for us! It overall was a super anniversary, and it was so nice to be just us- don't get me wrong, I missed the kids and wanted to call and check on them...it was the first time we have left Celeste overnight! She did amazing, since it was Grandma, of course! We picked them up after lunch, and they were so exhausted that they crashed in the van on the drive home! Now that made it even better!

Are you wondering what I got Dana for our Anniversary? Well, if you are married, you know husbands are easy...it doesn't take much! Actually I think he is going to get golf lessons this summer, so he has something tangible too! He was happy nonetheless!

7 comments:

everyday katie said...

You're too funny. What a fun weekend. I'm dying to get away with Spencer.

Autumn said...

Go Dana!! One surprise after another. That is SOO sweet. I love it that he did so many surprises that required planning. What a great anniversary!!

Suzanne said...

What a great way to celebrate 10 years:) How thoughtful of him to get you a massage & camera! Lucky:)

Es Wells said...

Dana is such a good boy! The pics are so cute. It must have been wonderful to sleep in together and just be alone, but then again, I know what you mean about missing the kids. Maybe a whole week would give you time to really relax???(it would me, anyway)
good to hear you had a great time together.

Home Management Group said...

Congratulations! On the anniversary & on scoring great gifts & on having such a sweet husband!!!

Amanda B. said...

Wow!! What wonderful surprises!!! I am so happy for you! Weekends away with the spouse are awesome! :)

Did you get my email about the girls night out on Thursday? Can you come?

Tina said...

I am so jealous. That sounds like such a wonderful time. And you need to remember the times he came through when there are times he doesn't.