15 April 2008
Friend or Foe Revisited...
Okay, so I have been tracking my body fat count for 3 months now, keeping a tally on the right hand side of the page, under "countdown". Well, I have been trying to lower it, by exercising regularly, and eating less fat. If you have been following, or can see from the list, it has not been working! The scale instructions say you can lose 10% in 3 months by doing these two things! I was very excited, since I started at a whopping 30%!! I know, it doesn't make much sense, but the numbers have been very consistent, and I have NOT dropped 10%! After running this morning, I weighed in and checked the body fat, and it said 27.8%! That calculates to less than 3% in 3 months! I am disillusioned! Oh well, I guess I will stop torturing myself by checking all the time- it hasn't made much difference so far! I am gearing up for my first 5K in May, so I am running more and doing more strength training...we'll see in a month or so if it has made any difference! No worries either way, I am not using it as a tool to help me feel or look healthy- rest assured, but I have to admit that I was hoping it would be more...oh well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
The number is not improving because you have nothing to loose. Good for you for working so hard. I didn't know you were planning to run a 5K. I've spent the morning searching the web for races. I've consistently been running 5-6 miles. I'm ready to kick it up a notch. The problem is all the races around here are on Sundays. I'm struggling to find something I'm excited about. Keep us informed. I'll be cheering you on from here.
I wish I wasn't pregnant so I could train with you. I did so good last summer until I went on vacation and then I went to visit my family and ate like a pig and didn't run for a month. I came home from my trip and got pregnant so now it's a lost cause...for now. I WILL lose all this baby weight (that's what I tell myself as I make Zach stop on his way home from school to grab me some fast food).
You look great. I wonder how accurate your scale is at calculating body fat %. Have you ever had your body fat tested anywhere else? I had mine tested a few times when I was younger (I have no idea what it was) but it was always done at a gym using a variety of methods.
Good luck with the 5K. I'm jealous.
I think its great that you're so diligent. Good for you on your first 5K! I've only done one and it was while I was preggy-I walked it. Hey, it makes for a great reason to have a slow time! :) Write a letter to the scale makers and demand a refund!! :)
It isn't reading right for two reasons:
1) it is a crappy scale- how can it really measure body fat based only on weight (&maybe height if you put that in... there is more involved)
2)like Katie said- you really have nothing to lose! You are gorgeous and I don't think you have a spare ounce! Congrats on training for the 5K- I am finally getting to the point where I don't mind exercising a bit- but still can't see doing that in this life.
Good for you! :) Keep me posted so I can cheer you on! :)
I want to run the 5k with you! And you look fantastic. I'm jealous of your flat tummy. I blame my poofy tummy on 3 kids but you've had 3 too so I guess I'll have to come to grips and start fessing up that it's the crap I eat! I think I'm going to start measuring myself instead of just using the scale. I used to do that on my mission and that was a much better way to see how I was doing. Give that a try. You may appreciate the results more:) But regardless you are beautiful and look fantastic!
You're BEAUTIFUL!!! Quite worrying!!! Live a healthy life & enjoy who you are!!!
Post a Comment