Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

06 April 2008

A Sunny Sunday!

The sun has finally come out and stayed out this Spring!! The high today is 68 degrees!! We have only had one day close to this, and it was March 3rd! I love Spring now that it is finally Spring! Before General Conference began today, we went outside to sit in the sun and bask in the warmth! It is soooo nice! The girls got out some outside toys and Alex got on his skateboard. Dana and I relaxed in the swing and watched our beautiful children play for the first time this Spring- we are so blessed!









Yesterday we got to participate in a historic Church event, a solemn assembly, where we sustained our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and a new First Presidency. This was so wonderful, as we sat as a family in our home and prepared to hear and sustain our new leader. Our children actually watched and listened attentively (thanks to Suzanne and Shanti for fun packets of conference things for them to do!), and we took heed of the counsel given by our Church leaders. How grateful I am for General Conference, and how we love our Prophet!

7 comments:

Moms Are Contagious said...

It was a perfect day out...I'm glad your family spent some of it outside and it looks like they had a lot of fun. Trent and I took a walk and then I sat outside with my mom. Hopefully these beautiful days will continue...

Amanda B. said...

It was an awesome day! Isn't modern tech. great? Due to another commitment, I couldn't watch the sol. assem. live, but I didn't want to miss it so I watched it on the internet at 10:30 pm last night! It just felt incredible to still raise my hand, even though every one else had done it hours before- I felt it was still necessary. :)

Suzanne said...

It was gorgeous! We went for a walk in the AM and I actually have sun on my face- yeah! I also have pictures to post from yesterday. Great day:) Conference was great too!

everyday katie said...

I'm glad you're finally enjoying some sunshine. cute pics.

Autumn said...

Wow, Alex looks so grown up there! What a GREAT beautiful day! Ah, I think the weather might actually be here to stay?! It gives me chills remembering the sustaining. Wow. Awesome.

The Cochran Family said...

Im SOOOO happy you guys had a warm sunny day and perfect for conference weekend. Wasn't it the best. I love the porch swing....such a cute cute family!!

Tina said...

What a beautiful family even though Dana's in the pic!!!!