Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

26 March 2008

LYLAS, Renee, My BFF! Happy Birthday!

Long before texting, we used these acronymns with such affection for your friends...LYLAS was reserved for those of us without sisters who love a friend like one, (Love you like a sis) and BFF is still, of course, Best Friend Forever. I met Renee when I started High School in 1990- do the math, we have been friends for 18 years!! WOW! I am still shocked that she could like me after all these years- we have been through a lot, and I can honestly say, that they are all good times- we have never not been friends throughout those years! She is amazing! I don't remember the first time we met, but I do remember that it didn't take long to instantly become friends. We were both cheerleaders and she was so much better than me, and she was always helping me to be better. I give her credit for helping me land on the Varsity squad those years. She could jump higher on every jump than I could ever hope to do...she in fact won honors for cheering and dancing, and got to compete as an individual- that was really great! She is probably the most generous friend I have...she gives unconditionally and so thoughtfully. She loves to shop (maybe that is what drew us together!), and is always thinking of others when she is shopping. We even vacationed with her and her mom and daughter last year in Myrtle Beach- they were so much fun to be with!

Here is a random list of things about my BFF...and this is not even a full list- I could go on and on...
-she is a great listener- you sort of have to be when you are my friend, right?!
-she like to talk-almost as much as me, which is perfect in our friendship!
-she loves my kids-even the one that is sometimes challenging-we love her, too!
-she has NEVER missed a birthday of mine or my kids in all these years!
-she was present at the births' of all 3 of my children- even stayed with me in the labor room for hours when I was having Alex! Now that is a true friend!
-she even went with me for my first female exam- that says something right there!
-she let me be her Maid of Honor for her wedding- such an honor!
-she is always cheerful and smiling!
-she tells great stories, and loves to laugh- her laugh is infectious- I love it!
-she never tells me its time to go home- even at 2 in the morning after our girls' night out!
-she gives and gives and gives some more!
-she is never judgemental and is a great sounding board (ie..I told her something no one else knows, and she was not only supportive, but will keep that secret).
-she has great taste-though others might not always agree, she has her own style and is a natural beauty. She doesn't even need makeup- I would love that!
-she is very funny, and I could hang out with her for days and not run out of things to talk and laugh about!
-she has an amazing mother that I love as my own- she has taken me in as a daughter and loved me and cared for me for these years too- I love Gert!
-she is a very talented hair stylist and has given me many hairdo's and color through the years- she even did my hair for both my receptions, and her own wedding too!
-she cares deeply about people, and people are instantly drawn to her- she has a huge heart and is an amazing mother to her daughter too. She puts her first in everything no matter what. I admire that more than I can say.

I love Renee and am profoundly grateful for these 18 years of friendship- she is a very special friend, one I hope to have for my entire life.

Happy Birthday- and many many more!!

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

You are lucky to have such a friend! Congrats on your friendship- My best friend and I have been such since first grade and she is everything to me!

Suzanne said...

I hope to meet her someday. Maybe tomorrow?? She sounds wonderful. Good friends are everything!

Autumn said...

Renee sounds like such a great friend. Never missed one of your birthdays?! Wow, that is impressive!! Love the prom picture!!