Alex was baptized today!! I can hardly believe that he is 8 already- I so remember the moment he was born as if it was today! Not yesterday, but today! I think I just had him...I must be experiencing some sort of dementia and I am living in 2000, but I am not ready to accept that he is 8! Really it's because I am 8 years older now, and that is bothersome! The sun is shining unbelievably gorgeous today, and it was the perfect day for a baptism! I have to admit that the day started out a bit frazzled, (for one, a good friend of mine passed away from breast cancer, leaving behind a husband, a 5 year old son and a 2/5 year old son)-(more on that later), and two, things just weren't going as easily as I expected to get ready....BUT all went well, and we pulled it off just perfectly.
Here are Alex and Dana in white preparing for the baptism...
I am crying all over again already...

We had so many friends and family come that I could hardly contain myself during the opening prayer, which Alex had asked me to give. It was overwhelming, the Spirit was so strong, and I was simply overcome with joy. That began the floodgates, and I am happy that no close up pictures of me show my eyes! My parents came, Dana's dad, Aunt Liza, Aunt Stephanie, and my nieces, Dana's Granny, so many friends from our last ward, like Tina, Greg & Kathy, Mike & Linda, Peggy & Rick, Todd and his boys, our old Bishop Scott, and tons of people from our current ward- we are so blessed to have so many friends. We even had friends come who have never been to our church before, like Rick and Sam, and Gert, Renee and Kiana. I have to say that it was so wonderful to have them all there- I don't think they know how much it meant to us to have everyone there to witness this step for Alex. He is such a sweet boy, and was so happy to have the many friends and family there with him. We are so immensely blessed!
Here are some more pictures and smiles of those we love so much!

Alex and his best buddy Sam cheese it up for me!

Peggy, Rick and Tina, (the best chorister ever!!)
Dana and Granny - a really great picture!
Sam, Leah, Kiana and Alex- all Forever Friends
Aunt Liza, who gave an amazing talk on Baptism for Alex!
Alex so loves Grandma and Grandpa!


Rick teaches Leah some piano- she is loving it!
Gert, me and Renee- see I told you they never miss any important things!

Celeste after 20 or so of Grandma's cookies- this is what makes her happy!

I didn't get any pictures of our family together, or ones of Poppy with Alex, but I know others took some, so I will post them when I get them...it was kind of chaotic, but thankfully Liza and my dad had their cameras out when I didn't! A huge thank you to my mom and dad for their work and to Stephanie for help with the food. Also, to Rick for staying to the end and helping clean up- see I told you we were blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in our lives- we love you all so much!
Oh, and Alex got nearly $100 in gifts- a tad too much, if you ask me, but ALL of it is going in the bank for later...ie,. Mission! Is that next already? No, I have 11 more years, thank goodness!
8 comments:
Life can be so sweet. Moments like that make all the crazy days worth it. You guys are such a stellar family. Way to go inviting so many nonmembers.
Congrats Alex!
What great pics. Alex looks so happy. I know what you mean about him growing so fast. I can't believe Isaac is eight too! Where has the time gone. Lately, while holding Evey, I can so clearly remember Isaac as an infant. I hope part of heaven is getting to hold him as a baby again....What a special day for all of you!
Congratulations to you and Alex! The pictures look great!
What a wonderful day! The spirit was so strong and I get teary reading about it. I love baptisms and feeling the spirit that is always there. We are so blessed to have your family in our lives. I'm so grateful for Alex's example for Spencer. We are 3 years away from this special event but I can't wait:)
Loved it!!! I really enjoyed the talks. Your in-laws really did a great job. You are so lucky to have joined such a neat family. It was a beautiful baptism.
Congratulations, Alex! These are such great pictures. Its so great to have so much support! He looks so grown up in his suit!
WOw, what a special day! I wish I could've been there to see! I can not beleive that will be me in 2 1/2 years! I agree with Katie, Yall ARE a fabulous family!
Thank you for sharing the pics Kelly. The spirit was so strong and you could feel the love for him.
Post a Comment