Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

21 March 2008

First Day of Spring!

The shining sun was the only sign of Spring that I saw this year! It was still cold outside! If you were in the sun, it was less cold, but once the wind hit you, well, you were cold again! I took Alex and Celeste to Rita's Italian Ice for FREE ICE- (why?!), on the first day of Spring, because it was FREE!! Yes, FREE!! I love FREE!! It was worth standing in line for 10 minutes to get our FREE, any flavor regular italian ice (a $2.10 value!) We each got one, so it was really worth it! I love Rita's! In college, we had one somewhat close to campus, and we would go all the time, because it is soooooooo good, and really not expensive! Great combo! They make shaved ice, gelato's, ice shakes, so many good things, and everything is good there! It is just a little shop, no seating inside, you just walk up and get your ice! This place is going to my new summer stop- bonus- it is about a block away from Kohl's!! Even better! Here are the pictures of us freezing while eating our ice in the sun on the first day of Spring 2008!!

We tried the "Birthday Cake", "Raspberry" and "Black Cherry"- all great!!

This is Celeste saying, "it's cold!"

Alex actually ordered the "Birthday Cake", but liked the "Raspberry"better, so he ate mine!

These are the Regular size, and they are big! They fill them to overflowing, and it is still a huge amount to eat! We saved some for today! Check out the line of people behind us- it was a non-stop line for the entire time we were there, and probably throughout the day!! Excellent!!

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

Quite a contrast to our shorts, short sleeves and flip flops. You wouldn't think there was anything to be jealous about, but I sure wish I was sipping down one of those italian ices about now. My face is practically melting off it's so hot out here.

Suzanne said...

Yum! You'll have to clue me in on these fabulous deals:) Sounds delicious.