Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

26 April 2008

Flower Power

Okay, I am so loving this new camera! I have taken nearly 200 pictures in this last week with it! Gotta love digital! This new camera has 8 megapixels, and since my old one had only 3, there is an obvious difference! I soooo love it! Here are some pictures from the flowers in my mom's yard- aren't they lovely? She is so good at planting the right flowers and plants and tending to them so nicely. I wish I had her talent in "green-thumbness"! Enjoy her garden...

4 comments:

I am Laura said...

Nice pictures and beautiful flowers. We don't have a ton of spring flowers, mostly summer ones. I want to come and see your moms garden.

Moms Are Contagious said...

VERY pretty...I love when flowers are out...it just makes the world more beautiful!

everyday katie said...

So sorry about your new calling. At least you get to keep your other one. I'm sure Your husband had to come with you in hopes that you wouldn't say no this time. Apparently it worked.

I actually miss the Reynoldsburg ward more than I expected to. It was nice to be needed. PEople cared if we were there. Here, I feel completely invisible. Spencer doesn't have a calling or a home teaching assignment. I have one of those calling that make you feel invisible...you know the feeling...like I only got called to fill a spot. No one really cares about me in primary. We've never had to stand and be welcomed or had our records read in sacrament meeting. I didn't get welcomed in the RS newsletter or my kids in the primary newsletter and other new move-ins have. PArker has never once been called on as a helper in primary sharing time or singing time. It irritates me to no end. There are some kids who get called up weekly. The ward appears to suit us, but no one notices if we're there or not. I am doing all I can to feel a part of the ward, but to no avail.

It is an extremely clique-ish ward. So I hold my little play group and get the same 2-4 women to show up every time. I know there are a million more stay at home moms who don't show up because I'm apparently in the wrong clique. My couple of friends are fantastic, but they wouldn't have been my friends if I hadn't invited them over for play group and forced myself into their group.

Believe it or not, a backwards ward has it's advantages.

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous flowers & pictures! Interesting thoughts from Katie. I should print that and read it whenever things seem crazy:) The grass always looks greener on the other side!