Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

30 January 2008

Sleepyville, USA

I couldn't help myself last night- I went to bed, and as I always do, I look in on the sleepyheads...this is what I saw...and I adored their sweet faces so much, that I had to take these. Celeste has her own bed, and until this night, slept solely in it (except for the occasional come to our bed in the middle of the night and wake up mommy!), but when I went to check on her, I found her sound asleep next to Leah...so cute...they do love each other, most of the time, but when they are sleeping, they really love each other! Alex actually covered his eyes from the flash, so I had to attempt another, but he was so asleep that he didn't wake for the second one! They go to bed around 8pm every night, and I bet by 820, they are dead asleep! I have to say, that I have been truly blessed with "go to bed wonderfully" children. They all have always been amazingly good and easy to put to bed children. I give myself a tad credit, since I am sort of neurotic when it comes to nap time and bedtime, but the most goes to Heavenly Father, who knows me so well, and knows that I would be in the "looney bin" if they weren't tremendously good sleepers! (Thank goodness for fans and "white noise" too!) Seriously, I am a bit obsessive about bedtime, and am strict, for if I am not, the next day, we all suffer, and I mean suffer...take for example the day after the night they spend at Grandma's house...up WAY later, no nap or down time...we are having meltdowns by dinner...it is not pretty, though I don't get upset because it is a special time to be with Grandma- I am just grateful for schedules at home! If I didn't get my own down time each day, I would be crazier than I am, and that is a scary thought!

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

I have thought several time this past week about taking pictures of my kids sleeping to post on my blog. Kids are never sweeter than when they're asleep. Reid just learned to climb to PArker's top bunk and have been sharing nap time up there. Too sweet.

The Cochran Family said...

I can relate about the nap nazi thing....I am the same way! Give yourself credit! It is so healthy for them and us..I'm not sure who I really do it for me or thier health...hehe I miss you!