Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

21 January 2008

Monday, Monday, Part 2

Okay, I retract my views about Mondays...see last entry from last Monday...today was MUCH better than a week ago today! Thank goodness! I really needed it to be! Oh, I still did laundry, and cleaned from the weekend, that is a given, but today was just better all around, except for one thing...read on....
The kids, including Dana were out of school today, for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, so there was a bit of activity in the house that isn't normally here on Mondays...that was okay. I got to go use my 30% off at Kohl's today, so I headed there ALONE around 11:30- I was there a while...well, I was shopping ALONE, remember?! So, I decided that with that kind of discount, on top of the sale, I was going to purchase a new scale...a what?!
Yes, I know, what was I thinking, a SCALE?! A body fat monitoring one at that! Okay, that was the one thing that wasn't better...it was a good deal, I must say, but a rude awakening for me when I stepped on it!! So, I know I'm not in as good of shape as I should be, ( I do hide it well), but still, I was not expecting what showed up- oh, the weight was about what I thought it would be, but the body fat, so NOT what I was expecting it to say!! WOW! Okay, I will share it with you, but promise not to label me the "fat body fat girl", okay?! Remember, I am 5'7, so some weight is acceptable, right?!
Okay, this is hard...you input your height, age and gender, stand on it bare footed, and then this crazy number shows up...31%....yes, you read that correctly....31% Can you believe that?! I am carrying around 31% fat?!! That is disgusting and I am really feeling grossed out at this point! The brochure makes it a point to define good body fat vs lean body fat for you....wow, thanks, but um, 31% puts me in the HIGH category of body fat!! Yuck!! Seriously, I thought 20, maybe 25% max, but 31- come on!! Well, it gives me, fat body fat girl, some tips on how to lower my score...eat less, and exercise more, well, duh! Thanks! I will take that into consideration!!

SO, since I had to slack off on the running, due to my incessant vacuuming, (read last weeks' Monday), it has worked against me, and that is really not good! SO, starting tomorrow, and for the next 8 weeks, I will be running 4 days a week, for 20 minutes, and cutting my caloric intake, (per their suggestion), and then I will report back on the difference...I think I will keep a running tally on the right side of the blog for those of you who care...please care...I need help!!
But, aside from that, the day was fine, like I said, we even got rid of Alex and Leah for the night- they went to Round Town to spend the night with Uncle Steve and Aunt Carmen- whoo hooo-Now, during my Prison Break (new episode) tonight, I will be doing some strength training, to try to tone up this fat body fat and turn it into lean body fat...wish me luck!!

3 comments:

everyday katie said...

First of all...I can't even begin to imagine what my body fat must be if yours is 31%. I only dream of looking like you. I don't think I could torture myself like that. LAst time I had my body fat tested was in my "Dynamic Fitness" class in college. I was in the best shape of my life at 18% body fat. I'll just hold on to that. I keep thinking about posting my embarrassing levels of progress on my blog, too. There is something motivating about revealing this to others. So when the "Healthy competition" is over, that will be my next motivator. I still have a long way to go...I have lost 12 pounds though. You can applaud now.

Amanda B. said...

I really wouldn't worry Kelly- remember, I am bigger than you and I have come way down. I wouldn't put much faith in a little pamphlet that came with the scale. Believe what feels right/ healthy to you. You are gorgeous!!! :):)

Abbey said...

You are so funny. I would give anything to have my body fat at 31% If your are a fatty body girl then i wonder if they have beach whale category for me. I admire you for being so honest and open. Good Luck with the toning up and during Prison Break. That would keep your heart rate going alone.