Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

10 January 2008

Chapter 25

Today I began the re-doing of our bathroom! Whoo hoo! SO exciting, seriously, it is exciting, to me, anyway...it has been an interesting beginning to it as well. Jennifer told me yesterday to remember to take a "before" picture and then an "after" one when it is finished...of course, I forgot! I got so excited about starting tonight, that I took down the shower curtain, and began painting 2 of the walls! Sorry about the before look that you will miss...it wasn't anything wonderful anyway...but you will get a first hand look of the finished product this week, I promise! After this first coat dries, in about an hour, I am going to do coat 2, then take down the cabinet and wash that wall so I can paint it in the morning while Celeste watches Diego! See, I have a plan!
The process of deciding to re-do the bathroom began on Sunday, when we tentatively decided that we may want to put our house up for sale in the summer...it is not a "we are for sure moving" thing, we are just thinking about it. So, I thought that since we have several projects to complete prior to moving, I could at least start with the smallest room to re-do, our bathroom. I decided to do it in an earthy green...decorators are saying earth tones are in now...so I chose a Behr color of "Grasshopper Wing"- sounds interesting, right?! I wonder who picks the names of paints, wouldn't that be a great job?! Your day would be spent out in nature finding things that look just like this fantastic color of paint that someone else created! I think that is sweet! Celeste and I ventured to Home Depot, where we bought a new register cover (that alone is a great change in the room!), a new medicine cabinet, a new light bar, and the Grasshopper Wing paint! Off to a great start, right?!
I got home, and right away, took a brush and painted a small swatch behind the door of the Grasshopper Wing- right away, I knew it wasn't going to be such a wonderful color for my bathroom, but the paint says it's non-returnable...great, 30 bucks of "Goose Poop" paint- I changed the name of it, because that is what my children thought it looked more like, (they are right, by the way!)...so I call Home Depot and ask if they can add some white to it to make it more like able. They say sure, so I head there right away. The very nice paint man says that he can't lighten it to the color I really want, so he will just give me a brand new gallon!! So nice! I couldn't believe it...I didn't even have my receipt with me- I have renewed faith in customer service again! Thank you, Home Depot...so now I have "Promenade"- a more pastel shade of earthy green that I like much, much better! You tell me what you think...not today, of course, but when I do finish- come and see for yourself!!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Wahoo. Updates are so fun. I can't wait to see how it looks. That's SO nice of the Home Depot guy!! Oh wow, I'm dying to know if you'll end up moving? I remember a mention of the possibility at play group this past summer.

everyday katie said...

Well written post. Loved the Goose Poop description. I say sell! I'd try to talk you into moving to Texas, but it's not worth it. But Arizona would be great, too...if that's why you're selling.

I love that you have several posts up all ready. . It helps me forget I'm so far away.

I love the O-H-I-O picture. Disappointing game huh? I watched it from the hotel. I went down to the fitness center in my OSU get up to spend some time on the treadmill. I talked the people there into turning on the game. It was the second quarter and a little embarrassing. But I still love the buckeyes.

Abbey said...

You are so funny and discriptive with your colors. You are a trooper to be going at this. When it came to my bathrooms I called my dad. Anyway, I cant wait to see the end result. Let me know if you need anyone to take the little one of your hands.
Abbey