Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

12 January 2008

We don't mess around...

We don't mess around, oh no,
We don't mess around, oh no,
We don't mess around,
We just get down...
That was one of my favorite chants in high school for football, but the reason I like it now, is because we (I) didn't mess around when it came to doing the bathroom, I just did it! I started on Sunday, deciding to re-do it; Monday, choosing the color of paint, and pricing the new mirror, light bar, and such; Tuesday, buying all the stuff- new fixtures, and supplies, including paint; Wednesday taping the room (a huge chore I hate!); Thursday painting till midnight, and taking this 1/2 done picture; and Friday, finishing the paint, and with the help of our sweet neighbors, hanging the new medicine cabinent, light bar, shelf, clock and towel hanger! WOW! It is finally completed! I just bought the rugs today, decorated the new shelf/cabinet and hung the beautiful curtain (thanks, Mom!). Oh, and you can't see it in the pics, but I bought this adorable white basket with green gingham lining, that I sit on top of that shelf- and my mom is going to make green gingham shower curtain rings- I can't wait! I so love this room now, I think I could spend all day in there! Too bad it's a bathroom, and my children and husband are in there more than me!! Just kidding!!

So, this is the 1/2 done pics, since I forgot to take a complete before: The room was always just white walls, and I had a floral shower curtain, it did match, but we got that curtain for a wedding gift nearly 10 years ago...SO time for a change...I am not into floral bathrooms anymore...the cabinet hanging there was so rickety, and it took up nearly the whole wall and stuck out really far- hideous; and the medicine cabinet and light bar are clearly outdated- don't miss them at all!












And these are the after...so much nicer, in fact, I think we decided that we just might stay in this house another year or so...we'll see...for now I am just going to enjoy it!




Oh, and another great part about the re-do, it only cost me around 200 bucks, including supplies! This is awesome! Just needed a few days and a few dollars, and Viola!

3 comments:

everyday katie said...

Way, way cute! I love the pedestal sink and the darling shelf. We have the same towel hooks. Good color choice. It turned out great. I love it. way to get it done!

Abbey said...

It looks so fresh and clean. Not like the other way was dirty. I hope you know what I mean. The color matches a wall in my house. Anyway, it looks really nice.

Autumn said...

I LOVE the color and accessories! Way to go for doing it so dang fast! It looks great.