It has been an interesting past few days of this new year...On Tuesday, I hosted a luncheon for my good friend Katie who is moving to Texas this weekend. It was a happy/sad occassion for those of us who attended. I would like to say we had a great time, because it is always fun to be around other women who you are good friendds with, but at the same time, it was hard because we all knew this would be the last time we would all be hanging out with Katie as a group. I love having luncheons for my friends, the crappy part being, that I usually only have them when someone is moving! Terrible friend, aren't I? I will miss Katie, but I know we will stay in touch since we blog...the cyber way to remain friends! I love it!

I didn't do too much yesterday, except for attend a RS meeting from "you-know-where"! Just kidding, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good, either! I have to say that I just don't like when a few people's opinions dominate a meeting, especially from those who aren't even in charge! I just walked away feeling like we accomplished very little, and are still clueless about what to do next! I love being in RS, I really do, but sometimes certain people take over and what they say seems to take control, and nothing changes. For example, a sister that was there mentioned that not many women attend a group she heads up...well, it for 1. it is on a Saturday (a sacred day in our house, and probably many others'), and 2. not everyone is interested in her group! I just wanted to say, "if people aren't coming, there is a REASON, and if they really wanted to come, they would!" Seriously, there are too many groups going on, and some of us just want to be with our families' and we attend probably only one other group (playgroup for me). Anyway, it was interesting to say the least. The consolation was that I got to sit with Bonnie, Jennene, and Delinda, who made the time there easier! And Ulli had us play a really fun game- our saving grace!
Today was another busy day...Leah had her follow up appointment with Dr. Dave, her Opthamologist about her chalazion. Well, it has gone down a bit, though it is still a bit pink, irritated he says, and so we will continue to do warm compresses and lid scrubs till it eventually goes away! I am hoping that is soon! The poor thing has dealt with this since September! She is a trooper, and thankfully really likes Dr. Dave- he "makes me laugh", she says. I did, however, find out interestingly, that Leah is going to be a candidate for glasses as time goes on...she is leaning towards near-sightedness...just like her Dad was! Thanks a lot, Dana! I figured so, as I watched her read the letters on the eye chart today...wow! She really can't see far away! That's okay, I think she will look adorable in glasses...someday...not too soon, I hope!
That said, we concluded the day with baths and family movie night, "Batman" is tonight's movie of choice...Leah keeps asking when the Joker is going to appear- again and again...if only she as a "Patient as a Penguin", one of her things that makes us laugh!
Here are a few adorable pics of the girls in their new Pottery Barn towels I got for them...so cute! Oh, and one of Celeste as Diego- her favorite gift from Aunt Liza!



Each time I put Celeste in her "Bunny" towel, she makes the funniest faces, and is so happy.......that is until it is time to get jammies on, and then if the Diego jammies are dirty, she isn't that cute little bunny anymore! Thank goodness I did the laundry...
3 comments:
Hi Kelly
Just wanted to let you know that I tried to add you. So, I could have two friends but it is not working. So. I guess I will just message you through Katies. Anyway, I have enjoyed reading Your blog. It is very creative. I will see you at church.
Abbey
Kelly,
Looks like the luncheon was fun...a fun group of women. That was nice of you to do that. Thanks for being a friend to my daughter. Like I've said before, being so far away, it is comforting to know that she was in good hands and had such good, thoughtful friends in Ohio.
Lauri
I love the bunny towel. So cute. That mtg sounds interesting. Yes, Saturdays are a sacred day for me too, which is why I haven't yet attended one of those mtgs (I'm not even for sure which one it is, but its on a Sat.) I've wanted to go to them before, but every time something comes up. Cute picture from the luncheon.
Post a Comment