Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

01 January 2008

A New Year has come...


Well, Happy New Year 2008! I am having a hard time believing that it is 2008 already! I think 2007 passed by quicker than any other year- is that possible? Maybe it's just me, but I really do think it did! I resolve every year to change something in my life- simplify it, in a new way each year. This year, I resolve to change and simplify my life by:


1. Being nicer to my family...I have come to see myself differently than I ever wanted to be these last few months. I have a shorter temper, less patience, and am quick to react. I don't want to be this way, so, I have resolved to be better.

a). Say a prayer each morning to help me through the day

b). Smile more

c). Laugh WAY more

2. Not sweating the small stuff...we have all heard it before, I have more than a dozen times, and it sounds simple enough, but sometimes, for me, anyway, I have a really hard time doing this. I let the little things get to me, and they can quickly take over my day. I want this to change as well, so I have resolved to do better.

a). Say a prayer each moring to help me not sweat the small stuff

b). Smile more

c). See the BIG picture

3. Keeping this blog up to date and as a journal of the things in my life. I have found great joy through typing up a few thoughts every few days, and I want to continue so that I can see the progress I have made through the year, and my children can see all that we have accompished. I want to keep a journal, and write more often, so I resolve to do that.

a). Say a prayer each morning to be happier

b). Remember that it is important to do

c). Find a smile in every simple act I do, so I can record it


So there it is...my 2008 resolution list. I do try to SIMPLIFY my life in some small way each day, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I am hoping that by seeing this list (I put it on my fridge-cause I see that about 2008 times a day!) I will simplify my days and achieve these simple goals.

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

sounds like you have a lot of praying to do...not because you're not already good at these things, but because you listed that as a way to accomplish all your goals. Don't worry. They're good resolutions. See you in a few hours.

Autumn said...

These are great resolutions! And a good idea to post on the fridge!!