Yesterday for 6 hours, we were rockin' out to "Rock Band"! Dana's sisters, Ivy and Liza brought over this amazingly cool PS2 game that has a drum set, 2 guitars and a microphone, and you are the ROCK BAND! It plays really rockin songs, and each member plays a different instrument and one sings. Talk about fun! I was shocked at how much fun I had- I knew Dana and the kids would love it, but I am not really a "karaoke" kind of girl, since I can't sing, so I wasn't all into it, at first...but once I grabbed the mic, it was all good! True, I can't sing the correct notes, but all it reads is the intonations and the lyrics, so I did really good- I even got 100% on a song I had never heard, and "Serious Skills" on "Wanted Dead or Alive" from Bon Jovi- I think Jon would've been horrified to hear the sound, but the game loved me!! I went on to try the bass guitar, and did fairly well on that too...but the most fun by far was watching Alex rock it out! He quickly picked up the singing, and then fell in love with the bass guitar. He was really good, and by the end of the 6 hour tour, he had mastered the "easy" level on several songs- I was a proud rock band mama! So cute! Dana thoroughly enjoyed the guitars and loved feeling like a rock star! I really think that he felt like a true rocker and he was really good too! Thanks to Ivy, we will probably have to invest in this at some point, but for now, the memories are awesome! Check out these pics of us Rockin' Out! Oh, but don't look for demo's anytime soon!








4 comments:
I've seriously been considering purchasing this. Think of the parties I could host. We'd instantly be the most popular family in the ward. How fun.
Isn't sooo much fun? We stayed up several nights when they came to visit. We would take small breaks because our eyes would start to water, but then we would go right back to it. We want to buy it too. Maybe someday. The kids look so cute playing. Wish I could have been there!
What a blast!! I so want one of those bad boys-for me, not kids!! I love the pictures. ES rocks-in more ways than one. :)
I wanna play!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment