Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

18 February 2008

Chapter 31

To move or not to move...that is the question...that is what is on my mind today...it has been on Dana's mind so much lately that it has become the "question for days". I am not sure how I feel about it all together. It would only be a little move- probably only about 4 miles away...but a move is a move in all respects...and I am certain that it will fall on my shoulders, as did our last one! The thought of packing up all our crap and de-junking through it all sounds so daunting. I am not sure I am up to the task. BUT, the thought of getting a bigger house for not much more is nice...BUT we still have to sell ours and that could be the answer to the question at hand. I think we have a great house, and many advantages to selling quickly...ie, we bought this house after it was on the market just 6 days! We live on a fairly traveled street and there are no other houses like ours that have sold in over 2 years. That is good for us! That means we could be in a higher demand type house. We have a 4 level split, and that is a desired type house for some folks, (us, 3 1/2 years ago!), and so I think we could sell, but can we sell and be able to walk away, that is another question! Tell me what you think, I would like to know anyone's thoughts on the matter! Thank you!


By the way, today has a significance to it...Dana came home from his mission in Chile exactly 10 years ago today! I got to see him for the first time in 2 years that day, and it was so nice! I remember wanting to hug him so much, but still couldn't until later that night when he was released- that seemed longer than the 2 years he was away! Talk about torture!!


He looked so tan and his hair was so blonde- he was smiling through the tears and I will never forget the emotions on his face- it was a tender moment in time for him and for his whole family. I love this day, and exactly two months from today, we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary- now that seems crazy! I can hardly believe it! What's even harder to believe is that we have 3 kids and our oldest will be 8 a month from today! If you don't stop and take time to breathe, life sort of passes you by...I will be breathing today!



3 comments:

everyday katie said...

Coming from someone who just moved...it was a pain in the neck! Way more difficult than I thought it would be. I hated finding a place for every last tidbit of stuff in my house.

Although moving nearby wouldn't be as hard, I still wouldn't want to do it. We're renting now and the thought of moving when our lease is up makes me sick. And I haven't un packed half of our stuff for his very purpose. THe thought of not having to move again is enough to make me want to stay in this less than ideal location for the duration of our time here.

There is something nice about de-cluttering though. A million to-do lists got crossed off by default. And you can't beat more space.

But I WOULD NOT choose to move if it meant four miles away. I would need a bigger incentive than more space. But every one has their priorities so If more space will make you guys happier. OR if you're planning on settling in Reynoldsburg...now's a good time to buy something bigger. If you're gonna buy bigger in reyn. eventually anyway, why not enjoy it for the duration. But if you want to get out of Reyn one day...might as well stick it out in cramped quarters.

What ever happened to moving to Arizona?

Those are my two cents. You may not mind it as much as I did. 3 small kids and a trek across the country could make the difference. It probably wouldn't be so bad for you.

Es Wells said...

I think If you still have even the tiniest plans to move out of state, than--no do not move now. But, if you have been praying about this and everything feels right and everything is falling into place for this little move, than --yes, do it. The hard work of packing up and unpacking is a great feeling when you know that you are doing what is best for your family and what has even been given to you as a great blessing. It is true too about de-cluttering. A month or two after moving and everything is in place--you will love your home so organized and clean. I love that about moving. Good luck with your decision. Love ya

Autumn said...

Oh my word. First. The missionary pix. These are so sweet. I love any kind of picture as you know. I'm about to do a post about missionaries. If you don't mind, I'd like to link this. It so sweet to see how much missions mean to the missionary, as you can clearly see in Dana's face. Nothing like that reunion, huh? I remember all too well!!

Moving. Hm. Well I see you have a new post about a house above so I might just hold off til I read it. Hold this thought...