Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

06 February 2008

I'm IT, again?! Are you sure?!

TOO MUCH INFORMATION, IF YOU ASK ME...and obviously you did...so here is more useless knowledge for you today!

1. I had 6 L’s in my first, middle and last name (maiden) and once won a contest for $100 for having an L in my name on the radio. (I was in college, and so needed money!)
2. I am the baby in my family (there’s just 2 of us!) I am a "Daddy's Girl".
3. I started college wanting to be a Pediatric Nurse- after I failed both math and chemistry first quarter; I decided that major might not suit me! I became a teacher instead! My degree is a B.S. in Human Ecology- Department of Family Relations and Human Development
4. I always wanted to be a teacher when I was little, and would spend all of my allowance at a teacher store, buying supplies, stickers, charts, awards, etc…and that is what my friends and I would play with.
5. I was the fastest runner on my tee-ball team and then the little league team for over 5 years.
6. I began cheering when I was 8 and cheered until I graduated High School- now I just love to watch-my body so can’t do that anymore!
7. I broke both my wrists twice each! (I would have to tape them to do flips in cheering).
8. I was the editor of my Senior Yearbook- it was really fun, and I put lots of pics of me and my circle of friends in it!
9. I initially wanted to go to Penn State, then Kent State during my rebellion year before I decided to go to Ohio State.- Truly my parents said they wouldn’t pay unless I went to OSU- so I lived in a dorm my Freshman Year. See #13 for reference.
10.I met my Best Friend at Orientation the summer before school, and we lived together for the next 3 years. (not part of #13!)
11. I lived in an apartment with a girl who had OCD with germs for nearly a year-she would wash everything in bleach and take showers with her shoes on- she drove us crazy! Oh, the stories I have from those days...She was a nice girl, but had sad problems- I hope she is better now!
12. I lived in an apartment with 5 other girls- my room faced the alley, where they burned our dumpster after an OSU loss.
13. I have lots of regrets.
14. I would love to be able to be an interior designer, though I really long to teach again.
15. I love teaching in Relief Society, though I never know what comments I may get, and I get more out of it than the women do, I am convinced.
16. I was a blonde for a while- scary! Dana loves my hair long, and loved the blonde- I hated both, so I win! I was blonde till I was 5, too. Oh, and I LOVE getting my hair cut!
17. I love to read books about relationships, and I love mysteries. I read from Oprah’s book club for a few years, some of those favorites are, Gap Creek, The Pilot’s Wife, now my reading pretty much stays around the Berenstein Bears, Dora and Diego.
18. I learned to run without getting shin splints. I now run a few times a week, though I don’t run far, and I don’t love it, it keeps me in shape…well, sort of…see the countdown on the far right…
19. I played Varsity Soccer for 2 years in High School- we had to have a girl on the team, so I got to play every game, though I wasn’t really that good! Our team was mediocre.
20. I lost a friendship over $12.
21. I was only 5’2 when I started High School, and finished being 5’7. I had a huge growth spurt between Freshman/Sophomore year- there is hope for my girls!
22. I love to bake- cookies are my favorite, and cakes, too, oh, and brownies, and peanut butter pie, and strawberry pie….oh, and I make a birthday cake everyear for my kid’s birthday- I have done a dinosaur, a King Kong on a building, a mermaid, a fish, a Rocky Balboa, and a few others, though I am an amateur by every sense of the word! Trust me- I have pictures. The treasure is that no matter how hideous it really is, my kids LOVE it!
23. I don’t dress up for Halloween. I love others that do, but I just like not dressing up- even as a kid, I didn’t love it. I love the candy, that’s for sure, and I love dressing up our kids!
24. I love hard and chewy candy better than chocolate candy bars- skittles, starburst, Swedish fish, dots, are a few of my favorites.
25. I have loved Reese’s Pieces since E.T., which was my favorite movie as a child.
26. I had 7 Cabbage Patch Dolls, and I can still name them: Lynette Audry was my first, and I got her for getting straight A’s on my report card! She now belongs to Leah, though I still love her!
27. I have been to Canada, Mexico, California and the East Coast States.
28. I paid to take a shower after 3 days in Mexico on Spring Break while in college- don’t ask questions, I hardly remember it all…long time ago…refer to #13 above.
29. I love to sing when I am driving! As long as no one is in the car with me, I will sing loud and proud! I always wonder what others think when they see this!
30. I once got 3 speeding tickets in 4 months! Two were legitimate, one I fought in court- and lost, but I told the judge that the police officer who ticketed me would have to one day answer for lying! They told me to hurry up and leave the courtroom- it is true, though.
31. I am a principle fighter.
32. I do not respect those who think they have power but don’t, and use it to make people miserable. I happen to know a few.
33. I love the color brown…but yesterday my favorite color was pink…the combo is great too…I am a color girl.
34. I love taking pictures, and wish I could be better, but can’t afford the investment in a new camera, so I just take lots and love them anyway.
35. I love to go on vacation- when I was a kid, we sometimes went on 3 a year- they nearly were always somewhere with a body of water- I love to swim, though I hate fish and hate not being able to see what is in the water with me- I tend to stay at the pool!
36. I love to fish- though not on a boat- on solid ground, casting into a pond.
37. I get motion-sickness all the time. I take medication when I travel or are in a car for any length of time.
38. I never dated a blonde haired guy until I met Dana.
39. I had a dream when I was younger that I died before I was 30- though that didn’t happen, I sadly think I won’t live into my older age…Dana hates that. I always tell him that if I die, he’d better remarry quickly because our kids need a mother, but deep down it breaks my heart to think of that happening. I love our family.
40. I am deeply grateful for understanding parents- they have sacrificed much for their “material girl” and they support me in anything and everything I do and have done.
41. I love picture frames- I have more than I can count, and more in boxes, since this house will not hold all of them on display.
42. I fell off a log into a creek in the 5th grade, couldn’t get up and had to call for help.
43. I used to love camping as a child, and now would pick nearly any other activity to do…maybe when our kids are older…nah, I doubt it!
44. I love to paint- re-decorate-faux paint, explore colors with paint (have you seen the blue in my kitchen?!) I won a painting contest at Lowe’s for the bathroom at our old house and 4th place for the faux painting in Alex’s room at our old house. I got $50 and some more paint- I never used it, and we then moved.
45. I want to live in Arizona someday. I love the climate and I want to see what life is like somewhere other than here.
46. I have a deep love for my Grandparents. I was affectionately called, “Kelly Girl” by my grandfather, who died in 2000- he was so loving and loved me immensely. I get my long fingers and height from my grandmother, who died in 2005- I wear her engagement ring on my right hand and think of her every time I see it. It never comes off. I love my mom’s parents more than I can say, and try to visit them several times a year- they are the most loving, and sweet people. I get my love of chattiness from my grandmother and she is wonderful!
47. I love family history, and recently started indexing and working on my own family tree.
48. I love to sleep in and be lazy in the mornings…sadly that hasn’t happened much since we had our son- nearly 8 years ago…but every once in a while, I get to enjoy the silence of the morning.
49. Spring is my favorite season. Clarification: late spring to early summer, truly.
50. I love this blog! I love the creative outlet it gives me and a break away to enjoy life and remember all the little things that we forget so easily.

4 comments:

everyday katie said...

Reading your list reminded me of so many things I could have written about myself. For instance...I was totally into cabbage patch. Best dolls ever. My first was Virginia Maria...she came with the birth certificate and everything.

I had no idea you played little league for so long.

And your blonde hair...where are those pictures?

That was fun to read...and not too tough huh? I love the random things now know about you. Thanks for playing.

Abbey said...

Wow the little things I may have never known about you. I was surprised to see that I could relate to some of them.

Justin Thompson said...

What a great list!

Autumn said...

Oh my goodness. I have so much to say. I also love cabbage patch dolls. I have no idea the name of mine but I loved it that she had "real diapers". Regrets? Live and learn. I too love sleeping in...I think you know that. I love it how you told the cop and judge about paying for their lie!! Ah. I'm forgetting all of my thoughts. So fun to read!