Okay, it is freezing here! It is really freezing- seriously today it will drop to 13 degrees, and the wind chill is beyond colder than that! Can I say that I really don't like the cold?! I mean, I really don't like the cold! I hate it, actually, and I don't let my children say they "hate" things, but for sake of finding another word, such as detest, which doesn't sound as bad, I will say that is how I feel! I long for Spring to come, oh how I wish the weather would warm up! I am so jealous of Katie's 87 degree warmth in February, and I long to visit the park again! Right now you can't even see the ground, let alone even walk the park (as if I really would...remember how I feel about the cold!) I don't mind seeing the snow fall, it can be beautiful, it's just when I have to venture out in it...like today, totting Celeste around to the grocery as the wind whips the cart out of control, and I have to chase it, carrying her on my hip- yes, really it is that bad! Leah doesn't seem to mind the cold, or the snow...but she is bundled up and only out for a little while- this was last week, but our yard pretty much looks the same this week!
Enough griping about the weather...now I will gripe about how successful Autumn's little one is doing with the potty....she is nearly a year younger than Celeste, and she is excited about the potty! Celeste could care less- she doesn't have any desire, and can I stress any desire to go on the potty. We bought her Dora panties back in November, and that was fun, at the store, but when I mentioned that she put them on...whoa! "Now, wait a minute, I have to wear them?! NO, I just like Dora, mom!" I am convinced that is what she was thinking, because she has yet to put them on! And forget pull-up's- those are worse- just the look of them sends her in a panic- she seriously will watch Leah go potty, even get the toilet paper for her and flush, but her go...NO WAY! After reading of Autumn's gem child, I decided that I would sit her on her potty all evening until she went, and then it would be one heck of a party, with gifts galore for her! She sat, and sat, and sat, and sat some more, nearly 2 hours, and NOTHING! I am serious! She didn't mind sitting, she even held the fruit roll-up in her hand with a grip I couldn't break, knowing all along that it would be hers. I even told her she could'nt wear her Diego jammies, (you know the boy ones that she LOVES), unless she went pee in the potty....tears, and more tears, and pleading "Diego" come pouring out instead of pee...2 hours later, Dana says, "uh, Kel, I don't think your method is working!" "REALLY, ya think?!" Yeah, he is right, definitely not ready! I know, we wait till they are ready and we don't push, but I thought for sure she could go if I just spent a few minutes with her- nope! She loves Diego and when we talk about panties, she says, "Diego panties", which of course they don't make- FOR GIRLS- but if I have to resort to boy briefs to get this girl going...so help me, I will!! I won't let another younger girl surpass mine...I am heading to Target now- watch out Ellie!!


5 comments:
You are funny! Hang in there girl Celeste will perform one of these days and then you will be running from one end of the store to the other hoping she doesn't have an accident in between! I think diapers are sometimes easier. As for the snow- you already know I love it. It adds some variety! I do look forward to flowers though:)
Yeah...let's not talk about Ellie. But until she's 3 and a half and not potty trained...then you can complain.
You are so funny!! I am convinced that its going to be a long process. There's interest, but we're far from getting there. I am SURE that one day I'll have a boy who is four that won't be potty trained. :)
And. I should add that yes, she sure does look cute. What a smile!! Her hair is getting so long!
Kelly
You are a hoot. She will get it. I find it funny that she loves Diego because little Ross loves Dora. How weird is that? Got to say I love the snow but was wanting warmer weather when i looked at Katies blog.
Post a Comment