Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

23 February 2008

Eye-Opening Update/Alex scores to win!

I have finally received the rest of Leah's bills from her eye surgery and I am so amazed at what Doctor's charge for things. Here is a quick rundown for fun...
Visit to assess the eye-$350.00
Determination of Chalazion needing removal included in that cost- oh and eye exam $55 which insurance doesn't cover! lovely.
Surgery Center-$1684.00
Dr. Roger's to remove chalazion -$1050.00
Anesthesiologist- $252.00
Grand Total of:$3336.00
My cost- this is what I think is crazy- $452.81
Having the chalazion somewhat gone, is that really priceless, or would it perhaps have gone away on it's own? Looking at my adorable daughter's smile and not her eye, now THAT is priceless- am I vain, or what?!
Seriously, I think insurance should've covered it entirely, for as much as we pay them! I am not that happy that I now have to dole this amount out to the Surgery center and anesthesiologist...here is a list of who gets what from us:
Dr. Rogers (who I really like and who is LDS), $99.64
Surgery Center (where she was treated like a princess for all of an hour and a half)- $158.30
Anestheiologist (who used just the right amount of meds so she woke up happy!)- $194.87
What am I going to do? I can't not pay it, I did take her and ask them to remove it, right? She is much happier now, and can now have full vision, as the chalazion was weighing down her eyelid. The true test is to prevent more from appearing by scrubbing that lid daily, and praying that we don't ever have to deal with insurance that doesn't pay much for a beautiful little girl's eye!

I have to be grateful, though, grateful that we have competent doctors and nurses and wonderful drugs in these latter-days to perform these surgeries! I am, I just wish I could figure out why it costs so much! Perhaps they have bills they need to pay with my money! That's it!!

Today was Alex's last basketball game and their first win of the season!! Very exciting! They had some really close scoring games, but this time we really won- 38-10! Alex scored 6 points and shot really well! He actually drove the ball down several times, but hit just 3, we are very proud, and it feels really good to win!! I am glad they pulled off a win, there is nothing like being in a losing season, so this felt great to these boys! Alex really had fun today, and here are some cute pics- Isn't he the cutest little basketball player? I love the running shot! GO TIGERS!!
Alex awaits the ball to be thrown to him, and gets an assist from the next play!
He is fighting for the ball in center court- he got it and then got another assist!
This is when he took it to the hoop and scored his last basket of the game!
Taking his time making it to the other end of the court.

No comments: