Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

20 February 2008

Chapter 32

Well, I just got back from looking at a house that I thought would be perfect for us! I had seen pics online and couldn't wait to see it...4 bdrms, 2.5 bath, fenced yard, deck, island in kitchen, huge master bdrm with walk-in closet and great location! This house looked perfect in black and white photos! Aha! Not in person! Not even close! Oh, the outside looks nice, wouldn't you agree? But up close, a different story. I was so disappointed from the moment I stepped in the front door- I knew immediately this was NOT the house for us! The carpet was disgusting, the kitchen linoleum was hideous, the trim was tacky oak, and the basement was not only not finished, but had insulation hanging all over it! I was sad, but only because it was a great price, and it was even on a cul-de-sac, which is something I really like. Oh well, I feel bad that the agent spent his time on us- it was a really snowy day, and the poor guy even went over and shoveled the driveway for us- oh, the house is empty, and now I know why!! I am not discouraged, and I truly believe that if we are meant to move, it will happen when it is supposed to happen.

SO, an update for you that commented about our move, and thank you for your thoughts, by the way! We have known for a while now that CES is not coming to hire us for out West. As sad as we were, we know that someday we will get there, but it is not going to be now or anywhere in the near future. That said, we have to move either this year or next anyway, since our 7/1 arm will be up! The interest rates are so low that we could easily afford a bigger house. Reyn. has been great for us in that Dana's job is pretty secure, so I think we will stay here a while, perhaps 10 years or so...there is potential that it will be a longer time frame than we originally thought. Not that we both want to stay here forever, but our job is #1 at the moment, and we can't really leave all that we have in that and try to move somewhere else that doesn't offer all we have here. It is not all about the money, either, we have great benefits, and I truly love the schools here. I could easily change Wards, but I love being somewhat close to my family...this is not an easy decision, but a necessary one. By necessary, I mean that we HAVE to move sometime- sometime within the next 18 months! So, if this is the right time, our house will sell, and if it is not, well then we will wait till the time is right. We literally had the Lord's hand in our selling of the condo prior to moving here, and that was not when I thought we would move, so that tells me that Heavenly Father knows more than me and can see the bigger picture, when I can't. I have faith that whatever is meant to be, will be, and we will just do our part and stay on the straight and narrow, and "things will work out, they always do", as our beloved late Prophet President Hinckley always said. I am grateful for that!
From Katie's blog today, I saw that she loved 2 of the American Idol men, that I thought were terrific last night, too. I really like the young boy, David and I like the other David as well.
I am anxious to hear the girls tonight! What a great show, my children can watch, and it is fun!!

6 comments:

Home Management Group said...

Wow! You've really shifted into high gear with this moving thingy. PLEASE don't leave me here alone!!!

Es Wells said...

Oh, my--I think Ivy looked at that house too. It looks just like it anyway. She is having a hard time finding what she is looking for, but she has a time limit--ie...lease is up soon. She says every good house she sees is always in contract right before she gets there or it is crapy inside. You almost have to look everyday and grab the good deal first. Have you thought of looking at foreclosures? RTO's are usually in good shape and very marked down.(more for your $)Just a thought.

everyday katie said...

I'm sorry CES isn't going to work out. Dana seems so cut out for that kind of thing. 10 years sounds like it would probably be worth a move. Think of how old your kids will be in 10years. they'll totally have outgrown their rooms. Although you guys do have a great set up, I would want something else for teenage kids. And if you're gonna move eventually any way, might as well do it now. You'll get to enjoy it longer. Good luck. HOuse hunting is exciting and frustrating all at once.

Autumn said...

Geesh. I didn't realize just how serious you were about moving. I can see what you mean about the interest rates. I think I told you at the library and will surely post it on my blog b.c I think its so interesting. I heard that the interest rates are supposed to fall 25% more before we hit rock bottom in the housing market!

I'm sorry about CES. That is disappointing if you have your hearts set on it. And, things like this (major life things), there's probably a reason. I'll be very interested to see where this all goes!! Please keep us posted!

BTW, I have a great idea about the necklaces!

Autumn said...

Oh. And I didn't see the other David, but I loved David A.

The Cochran Family said...

This house looked familiar, where was it, what street and neioghborhood? Good Luck with this descion, moving, thinking about moving...always a roller coaster. I just got off and I'm kinda glad! :) As you wrote, HF will take of things. Good Luck!! I loved the post about your 10 year anni with pixs! So cute!