17 November 2008
Popcorn Popping...
I found these pictures I took last month, but forgot to blog about. When we went pumpkin picking with Sean and the family, he bought us an ear of Indian corn for us to pop. Have you ever heard of this?! Well, I hadn't and so he assured me and then challenged me to pop it. He said you put it in a brown paper sack and microwave it for a few minutes- 2 I think. The girls were very excited to try, so we did. Here is how ours turned out:
So, ours didn't turn out as good as it should have, but maybe we didn't cook it long enough.
The girls try it anyway...they decide it is not really as good as the "real" kind, they say.
I encourage them to try it after I put lots of spray butter on it...
Celeste is the only one who keeps trying, and even I do- but no, it's not that good!
Sean said that he ate it at his work and it was okay. Maybe next year we will try again. Has anyone of you ever tried it and it worked and you actually ate it? Ours didn't even come off the ear that well! I think we will stick to the "real" microwave popcorn...but hey, at least we tried!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
wow I never knew you could do that. Too bad they didn't taste wonderful. I will have to try next year.
I didn't know you could do that either. How fun.
A dutch oven is a big cast iron pot with a big cast iron lid. You just dump all your food in there and put it on top of coals and add more coals on top of the lid. IT makes anything taste good.
I'm way behind on reading blogs this week. I'm catchin up with your millions of posts now.
I have never heard that was even possible! How fun! Even if it doesn't taste great, it would be cool to do just because it is different! :)
What a fun idea! I love it. Even if it doesn't taste great I want to try just for the novelty of it anyway.
i think i knew you could do that. wonder what would happen if you put better in with it. would it be better? or would the butter burn? the butter is in with the microwave kind. things that make you go hmmmm...
I have never even thought to try that. Sounds like fun, too bad it wasn't that good. Maybe next year it will be better!
That is so fun, at least you tried it. Yeah, i am partial to the real stuff even though I pop mine in a pan on the stove. I am to cheap to the microwave kind.
Post a Comment