I loved it all, and Liza and I had a great time. Here are some side notes of the show:
1- we left here at 4:30ish for a 7:30 show 3 1/2 hours away- you do the math- we were not going to make it on time!
2- we got there at 8:15- parking was $30!! We found a garage for $15- but it took us 45 minutes to even get out of it! Now we see the wisdom in paying more!
3-we get there and at the same time so is everyone else!! Seriously? We are like, "why is everyone just now getting here, and who is her opening act that we are all missing?"
4- it's Madonna- she has no opening act!! Oh, and she takes the stage whenever she wants!!
5- she did it at 9:30! Apparently everyone else knew that already!
6- we sat in front of a bunch of drunk moms who obviously don't get out much! They were a bit obnoxious!
7- she sang a ton of her new songs that we weren't totally familiar with, but we loved anyway.
8- yes she was a bit trashy- but that's Madonna, right? You expect that.
9- she rocked "Like a Prayer" and Liza and I did too!
10- the special effects and lighting effects were tremendous! Dana says, "uh, it's Madonna, of course she has state-of-the-art effects!
All in all, I was just speechless about it. Only downside- the drive home- lost in Detroit at 1am! It took us over an hour- (after getting out of the garage) to actually get on the real highway. Consequently we got home right before 5am- and the next day for both of us started at 8am!
The things you do for fun, right?
Check out our fun- (my camera isn't as great as Liza's- so I will have to wait to add more clearer ones when she does her post- but for now)...
We saw a few others with the same idea, but we saw more that were dressed for the concert- in true Madonna fashion- sadly I didn't think to take any pics of them- but trust me, it was interesting!!
So, thanks, Liza and Ivy for a truly memorable night- and early morning- which I am still feeling the effects of- boy, I am getting old- I used to bounce back in my younger days much easier!


5 comments:
Sounds like a really fun night. I love going to shows like that. she does put on a good show. I went to the "who's that girl" show (3rd row seats) and blonde ambition.
Holy freakin' cow. Madonna live?!! YOu are so cool. I haven't been to a concert in so long. That sounds beyond fun. Good luck today.
we road trip well!
I've never been a huge Madonna fan but I hear she puts on quite a show and it's worth seeing. And like you said, she's 50...that's my age. Maybe I should go on the road too.
WOW!!!!!!! How lucky are you!!! :) That is awesome!!! I am glad you enjoyed it! I would have loved it too- I am sure it was worth it. Yay for you! :)
Post a Comment