Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

19 September 2008

Wind Damage!!

On Sunday afternoon, we had hurricane wind!! Can you believe that?! It was crazy- 75mph winds raced through, leaving us and hundreds of thousands of others without power!! For nearly 6 full days!!! Ahhhh!
We, actually never lost electricity, but our phone, internet and cable were completely lost until about 10 minutes ago!! Yes, I was dying!!! I can hardly believe I survived! Thanks to Autumn for letting me come over today and check all my emails! I have been missing all of you and seeing pictures and reading all the blogging you have done! I have been busy, nonetheless, but not like I wanted to be necessarily.
My parents were without power for a few days, and my neighbors are still without. It is strange how the grids work here- right next door to me lost it all! We at least never lost lights and our one 13inch tv. I am so grateful for electricity, let me tell ya! My heart hurts for all those still without- it is misery! I am also grateful we were able to help others during the outings- our freezer is holding several people's food, and our neighbors ran an extension cord to our house to keep their fridge running. It has been crazy!
My kids and Dana, of course, were out of school for 3 days this week! It felt a lot like summer and we had some fun family time. On Monday, we went to the zoo for the first time in over 2 years! We didn't renew our membership, because of gas prices, but we had free passes for the kids, so we only had to pay for Dana and I and parking, so we went. It was so fun!! I forgot how much my kids love the zoo- here are some shot of us enjoying the day!












The best part of our zoo day- NO STROLLER!! It was so nice not to have to push that around! Celeste's tiny little feet were so tired from doing all the walking- she fell asleep about 2 minutes into the drive home! It was awesome!
So, we have survived the power outage- thank goodness it is finally over. However, we need to keep praying for those without- let's hope we pull together to get them through it too.

7 comments:

Abbey said...

That is what I wanted to do this week the zoo but it was put on hold. You are so kind to help others. I am sure they will always be grateful to you. You so could have used my pass by the way.

The Cochran Family said...

I can NOT get over that yall got WAY more hurricane in OHIO than we did in Texas. WE got nuttin, no wind, no rain...and then 2 thousand miles away.....yall have no power, debree, trees down....what??? I am glad you guys made the best of it and had fun atleast. It's soooo sad....there are a lot of families without homes to go back to around...humbling and makes us appreciate power huh? !

everyday katie said...

I've been wondering where the heck you've been. I'm happy to know you still had electricity.

The unexpected break sounds nice. I love taking kids to the zoo.

I'm with Lisa...you got hit harder than we did. Weird.

Suzanne said...

What a crazy week it has been. We also took advantage of the zoo and it was great. No stroller? What would that be like!

Lauri said...

Amazing that being that far away from where the hurricane hit land, you still have that much damage. Glad you had some fun family time out of it all though.

Amanda B. said...

What an awesome trip to the zoo! Who would have thought we would use up our "snow days" in September???

Jamie said...

We were out of power for 4 days thanks to the hurricane winds which reached Northeast Ohio. I guess we're lucky compared to a lot of people who are still without power and those who lost a lot more than power.