So, late last night I uploaded all 272 pages of my blog book to Blurb.com to be published!! I am more excited than I can even begin to tell you!! I have worked on it for hours and hours, striving for perfection! It is not perfect, but it will be wonderful! It was quite the time consuming project, and I nearly gave up many times- the program sometimes exhibits gliches- which don't save your work!! Ahhhh- this was soooo aggravating...but, despite having to re-do a few times, I did it!
If you haven't checked out Blurb.com- now is the time to do it! You just download the software to your desktop, upload your blog to it- it shows you how and walks you through it- and then begin designing your very own!! It is much easier than you think, and the results are just fantastic. I even have whole page layouts of just pictures- as a matter of fact, it has nearly 700 pictures in it total!! Isn't that just amazing!
I think the pricing is just great too- it was $74.95 for my book, and that includes a hard cover image wrap- which you must have for yours! It is worth the extra couple dollars. Otherwise you get a dust jacket- which just falls off and gets torn. I emailed them and asked for a discount code, and they sent me an email for 10% off!! Whoo Hoo!!
I also ordered a 7X7 photo book of our vacation that has 40 pages and was only $24.95- so both books, with shipping was under $100!
Just wanted to share that! It has been just over a year that I started my blog- 26 August 07, so I did it from Aug to Aug! Oh, and I had been working on it for a while, up to March, and then I needed to add what I had done since then, and it was so easy to update that! I am just thrilled and as soon as it comes, I will have it to show off!!
Come and see for yourself!!
The cover has these 3 pictures on it with SIMPLIFY on it and our name- I tried to copy it for you, but it wouldn't allow me- so this is the best I can do. The back has black and white pictures of Dana and I on it- it is going to be so great!!


12 comments:
sounds really fun and neat! Something that you and your family will definitely treasure!
Cute pics!
That is awesome! I can't wait to see how it turns out. That price really is reasonable, I think. I look forward to doing it as well. I am thinking maybe after the new year, and then doing it once a year as well. Congrats on getting it done! :)
I can't wait to see it. I plan to do mine first part of '09. I should start working on it now!
so cute, i can't wait to see it.
Em!
p.s. bring it to nursery some week!
That sounds soooo cool. I can't wait to see it but when will I see you next time? We were just there so it's your turn. You'll just have to come out here to Arizona to show me your cool book. You don't mind right? Maybe we could go to Camelback Spa this time. We had such a great time visiting with you all and I already miss you so much. Can't wait to see you again.
I wish I was there to see it. I've been working on one, but it is so daunting. I've been working on it for like 6 months and haven't finished. Seeing yours, I know, would motivate me.
Yay for your blurb book!
so exciting--you really put it together quite fast. can't wait to see it some time.
That is so cool, I cannot wait to see the final product. I love the black and white pictures. Did you take them?
Holly Crap! you got alot to say. You have a beautiful family.I am going to start updatin. I don't know if I will have quite as much to say.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO thrilled for you!
Can't wait to see the book!
Post a Comment