do ya'll even know what "corn hole" even is?!
Well, for you not from here, it is a bean bag toss game, but the bags are made from corn, hence it's corny name. I am pretty sure the name came from some Buckeye fans, because it is played all over tailgating parties here and if you call it that to someone from another team, they look at you as if you are nuts...well, buckeyes are nuts, right?! The NUT is nuts, not the fans...okay...enough....
Well, we love this game! We love it so much, we play it all the time! Usually we set it up in the basement and it is always Dana and Leah vs. Alex and Me. Sadly, Alex and I hardly win, since Dana is pretty good. (I failed to mention that we hardly ever have it set up at the right distance!) Anyway.
Monday, for Family Night, we played outside and these are some of the pictures. Notice the determination on Alex's face, with the tongue protruding...I love it! We lost, but came awfully close for once! Celeste is the official "bag picker upper"- she is very helpful- I never have to bend over to pick them up! Love that little girl!
Leah gets to stand quite a bit closer- hence she "helps" Dana win! Kidding...he really doesn't need any help- he has a bit of competitiveness in him that drives him to win and beat the children!
Alex is actually better than I am, he tends to score more points than I do each round...I think it is his stance! How cute is he?!
If you are ever at an OSU game, you will see hundreds of these games going on everywhere people are tailgating- it is a super phenomenal craze and we are swept up in it too!


8 comments:
This is such a strange craze- a fun game yes, but I have always found it a bit odd how excited everyone gets over it since it is really not much more than a bean bag toss. :) But, it is really fun and you can tell you guys are having a ball! :) Sounds like the perfect roll for Celeste.
We ought to get one...bring a little buckeye flavor to Texas. My kids would love it...as would I.
geez, i am from ohio and i never knew it was called that. i thought it was just a beanbag toss or something,,,,,,anyway, looks fun ;)
we have one too, my grandpa made us one it red and gray colored, school good. I have a lot of fun in all of my classes, and now alot of people!
a competitiveness that drives him to win and beat the children? polite way to put it. As his sister I would say it more a psychotic determination to be first, that even drove him to cheat at games as a child just to win. Its all good now, mind you that was long ago, but he can still get a temper and throw a fit if he loses! some things DO NOT change, his love for the game is one! people the past , i would say 5 years or so have flocked to Joanns to buy material because their 'husbands' or themselves were making a home made corn hole game. there are even 'specs' you can download online lol. love Liza
I will admit...I love playing cornhole. I am the one that will just play game after game after game.
I am very competitive too...never would have guessed it, right?
I never heard of the game before moving to Ohio and I've only played once but it was fun! What a great FHE!!
I love that game, even though I only played it once. I was only good at the first round and after that I was pretty bad. Alex does look like a natural, or a bowler. So Cute.
Post a Comment