Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

27 September 2008

Team Tailgating!

Today the kids and I went to tailgate at the OSU game. It was Leah and Celeste's first time being down near the stadium and Alex had only been one other time. We love tailgating!! It is a huge tradition at OSU (as with everything else, right?!). I have gone countless times, and it has never been dull- and in fact, this time was one of my favorites. Perhaps it was because I got to show the kids this side of the Buckeyes. They loved it, and Leah even said that it was one of her best days ever! Gotta love that!

We started out with a great parking spot (free, courtesy of our cute parking dad)- and then breakfast - a smorgasbord of treats- including cupcakes for the kids- wow-what a great mom to feed them pure sugar that early in the morning. (Another reason I will again win "mom of the year"!) Anyway, then we headed to see the team walk out of the field house and take some shots of our guys. We were in the front row and we got to see all of them walk out- it is almost like seeing a celebrity (odd, I know), but it was great- and we were inches from Laurinitis- and he is much cuter in person, let me tell ya! So then we got some free stuff, played some fun games and then Brutus showed up!! We actually got pictures with him! How cool is that?! Leah got a couple shots with the cheerleaders, which she loved, and that was even more awesome- I just loved watching them when I went to the games as a little girl, and now I am just as in awe as I was then! They are so amazing!!

Here is a montage of our time tailgating:

Oh, and the Buckeyes beat Minnesota, so it was a perfect day!!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a blast! I have to admit for one who still has yet to get into the full Buckeye spirit, that looks like a lot of fun! We'll have to do that someday.

Es Wells said...

what fun! i never get tired of seeing you all in Ohio State shirts--feels like fall again! Good times.

Amanda B. said...

How fun! It is sad to admit that, as a life long "Buckeye" and OSU graduate I have never been tailgating... I wouldn't even know where to start! Teach me?!?! :) ha ha!

everyday katie said...

SO, SO, SO fun! I miss the Bucks.

Moms Are Contagious said...

That looks like SO much fun! Can Trent and I join the Ortmans for an afternoon of tailgating? lol

Annie Katie said...

the kids look so cute in their outfits! looks like fun.

cassanthemum said...

I love how you display your pictures.your kids are so adorable! have I mentioned I am a Michigan fan:]