Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

08 September 2008

Dinner Dawdler...

Okay, so you already know that Celeste likes to eat, right?! Yeah, well, she does like to eat, that's for sure, but she likes to eat on her own terms: what she wants and when she wants. Translation: she eats all day: fruit snacks and suckers, crackers, and pretzels, mostly, except when it comes to dinner- yep, she hardly ever actually eats a good dinner- I say about 2-3 nights a week on average at best will she eat a decent meal. It's not as if she isn't getting proper nutrition- I did say fruit snacks! I am kidding, she really does eat well through the day, but dinner is so different! I don't get it- I do not let her snack right beforehand, so she should be hungry, I just think she is a slow eater, and half the time is talking instead! Funny how I can do that and still eat in a timely manner- maybe she is still learning how to be more like me!


So, tonight was no different. Dana is always first at finishing (he blames that on his large family growing up, by the way), followed by me or Alex, and then Leah and eventually, much, much later, her. Tonight, again, like most nights, I had to sit at the table long after all the dishes were put away and "help" her finish....

Here are the faces I got while watching/waiting...




I couldn't help but grab the camera and snap away- I think I got over 20! These are the funniest of them.

She just loves to dawdle when it comes to dinner!





She did finally finish- and then you know what comes next: DESSERT! Seriously, she wanted that right away!! I made rice krispie treats- and since she finally ate, she did get one- or two- she's so cute, I caved....only after she finished her cold dinner, though.

6 comments:

Lauri said...

At least you have fun together while she's dawdling. Katie needs to tell you about her dawdling at the dinner table (or other things she didn't want to do like sewing a button on a dress.) From the way my kids tell it, I was a devil mother.

Katie said...

Reid is exactly the same. He's a fantastic snacker, but a horrible eater. I need to take away snacks and maybe he'll be hungry enough to eat. Although, 2-3 nights a week would be pushing it for him. I bet he doesn't eat well even that often.

Love the faces. Love them.

I saw your comment on Autumns blog. Is Dana in young men?

Amanda B. said...

this drives me crazy when they do this- good for you for being patient and seeing the fun/ picture taking side of it. Jacob does this and I am always like "come on already!" I am a fast eater too- which I am from a large family too. Aaron eats fast also though, but is from a small family.

Home Management Group said...

Lucas will actually eat food he can't stand if the dessert is good enough! (Me, too!)

Annie Katie said...

well at least she eats 'good things' julian is a PAIN. anyway, he has a 5 variety to his eating. anyway, i should take some pictures of his habits.....and you wont feel so frustrated! she is sooo cute

Autumn said...

She's definitely a facemaker. How cute. :)