Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

02 July 2008

Summer Break Means Daddy's Home Means Family Fun!

Being a teacher does have its advantages-
- you work one of every two days a year
- home by 3:15 every day
- holidays off
- snow days off
- long weekends
- summer break with kids!!

We are so lucky!! When I get bummed that teachers aren't paid as much as other careers, I think of this list, and it makes me happy. I am okay living with on one salary, a teacher's salary, right now, because that means Dana is home all summer and I am no longer doing everything all by myself!! We do things all the time as a family, and he accompanies us to all our regular adventures, and somehow they become so much better with Daddy there! We are so blessed.

Yesterday, it wasn't as hot as it has been, so we decided to go to the park. But since gas is so stinkin' high, we, (I), decided we should walk!! It is only about a mile, and much of the walk is sidewalk, and once you get to the park it is pretty shaded. Dana went right along with my idea, not even one complaint!! I, however, said over and over, "yeah, it's hotter out here than I thought!" He just smiled and continued to carry tired little Celeste on his shoulders- it was great! So what it was a little hot- it was still fun! Here are some pics of our day at the park...

The pond is always cool- though there were loud kids who were scaring away any wildlife!! We brought along our neighbor, Alex's friend, Devin.

The Lilly pads were so numerous, and we did see a few little frogs on them.

Leah always loves the park and the playground.

Another advantage: Daddy goes down slides and climbs on structures; Mommy doesn't!
Alex and Devin are too cool to play- they are listening to their MP3 players.
Celeste was so excited that she finally walked across the bridge by herself!
It was a cute photo op!
This one I love....Daddy always holds her hand.
This is how we walked home- we were all ready for a nap!

So, for another fun family day, today we headed for a new place- a sprayground playground that is FREE and close to our house!! We had never been there before and today was so great!! We met a few friends there, and Dana was the only guy around, except for the lifeguard and park workers! He just chatted right along with us mom's and had fun with the kids in the water...check it out!

This place is so cool- thanks to Suzanne for checking it out before hand and inviting us!

Look at all the cool water toys! Even I got misted (on purpose, it was hot!)

Celeste finally got up and got in the water, but only at the very edge...

UNTIL, Daddy came and ventured out with her, then she was all around... and soaked!!

Leah was dancing around, having a great time!

See how soaked she is- she was clapping and begging Daddy to take her again! (He did, of course!)

Finally, she lets him take a break!

Alex is letting the spray go under his legs, on his bum- he is funny!

She really had fun, too!

Tomorrow we are relaxing! We have no plans, and so it will be a nice day at home! I love summer break! It really goes by so fast, but we are trying to enjoy each day - just the 5 of us!

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow- You're fast! That was a very fun day. I'm glad we went. We'll have to do that again. Thanks for helping me find Abby- scary! And yes, you are spoiled to have your husband around all summer. That would be so wonderful!

Kimberly said...

I am jealous of all the time you two get to spend together.

Also, I want to thank you for not posting or taking any pictures of my "fat" pregnant self for all the world to see, but I think you're missing a picture on here. You know which one I'm talking about.

Oh and p.s. from 2-4 is "happy hour" at sonic so their drinks are half off...I'm talking slushes here people...delish. I had to make a u-turn on the way home to get myself one when I remembered.

Tina said...

That looks like so much fun!! What awesome memories the kids will have because of the awesome parents they have!!(And mom always taking pictures!). I love the family picture but the one I loved the most is Celeste sitting by daddy gazing at him. What unconditonal love.

Es Wells said...

I wish we had a park like that around here...love the pics of Dana with the kiddies!!!

Amanda B. said...

glad you found the spray ground okay! It is a blast, isn't it? Anytime you guys are going, give us a call if you want company! We love it there! :)

We went to that same park yesterday as well! We went in the evening though- probably why we didn't see you. So fun!

Lauri said...

I love new water parks...I'd love to have one in my backyard for grandchildren. Wouldn't that be fun?

Autumn said...

How nice to have the benefits of a husband home all summer!! Really there are some great perks of that job! The sprayground looks so fun!

wolfpack said...

That water park looks like so much fun. Can we go there while we're visiting? I thought I heard you say free and that is the kind of fun we are looking for while we are on vacation. It sounds like such a blessing to have your husband home during the summer. Lucky Duck