Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

22 July 2008

22 July 2002

About this time, 10pm, 22 July 2002, I officially went into labor....
I had been having contractions all throughout the day, they would come and go, I even went swimming and then visiting teaching!! I just had to stop every once in a while to take a breath while the contraction worked through me. I had never felt real contractions before, even though this was my second pregnancy- I was induced with Alex, so going into labor on my own was a first with this one. I wasn't due for another week, but this little gem was intent on coming now! I took an afternoon nap, and then took Alex to my parents with me for dinner, since Dana was working late- till 11pm. I ate a shrimp salad, with feta cheese (probably the last time I have had either, I could explain, but I am sure you understand why...hint: I was screaming at Dana hours later for the trash can!!). Anyway, I laid down after dinner on the couch at my parents, and rested. Then around 8:30, I headed home, gave Alex a bath, and called Jen. I didn't know I was actually this far into labor (I was dilated 3cm on my last visit to my OB), so I didn't mention the contractions to her. While we were talking, I had to stop and not talk for a minute or so. She asked me what was going on, and I just said that it hurt to talk, but then it would be okay. She said, "hang up and call your doctor!!!" I was like, "no, I am not in labor- they will just send me home, I am fine!" She forced me, so I did, and the Dr. on call said I had to get to the hospital right away! I had to call Dana at work (we didn't have a cell phone), wait 30 minutes for him to arrive, and call my mom to come stay with Alex (he was asleep by then). So, I did, and we headed to the hospital. The drive there, I remember telling Dana to not talk to me, because it hurt to talk back!! I am pretty sure he was happy about that!

The nurse checked me when we got there, and I hadn't progressed much, but they decided to admit me and pursue with this labor....

We watched Seinfeld reruns and it all just took it's course. I got an epidural, Dana slept soundly (barely making it to grab the trash can, by the way), and then.....

5 comments:

Jamie said...

and then....WHAT? I love labor stories. Finish this, quick!! I mean, I know what the end result is, but it's the story that makes it so much more special! DETAILS LADY!

Amanda B. said...

One thing I think all moms never grow tired of.... hearing and telling birth stories. I loved reading this! And, in your next post, I forgot to say in my comment- I can't believe how good you look holding her. Women aren't supposed to look that good after having just delivered! :) (At least, I never did....) :)

everyday katie said...

I agree with everything Amanda said. Birth stories are fun and you look amazing.

My favorite part is that you told Dana not to talk. I can so relate...while delivering Reid (my deliver with no drugs) He kept asking me questions that I had no breath or strength to answer. Did I look like i was up for a chat? Because I have my doubts.

Hannah said...

LOL!! I love the no talking part-I am so with you on that. Emily was the only one that I got to go into labor with and talking was not high on my list! haha ;)

Autumn said...

I'm so behind in blogging. Too much to comment on-and even read. Such fun pix. I LOVE the cupcake tiers. What a fun day.